Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Keyes
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
i thought i read somewhere about something if Wallace dies, but i can't remember... it's not sudden death, is it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Re: What if Wallace dies in the Braveheart scenario or campa
If he is eliminated in combat, his block disappears. It does not go into the draw pool. And life gets a bit tougher for the Scots player. That is all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, rule 8.4.3.6.7.8.9.12 says that the block has to be broken into little pieces and placed in each Scottish controlled space north of England...as a warning! surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Owen
United States
Lisle
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Quote:
Actually, rule 8.4.3.6.7.8.9.12 says that the block has to be broken into little pieces and placed in each Scottish controlled space north of England...as a warning!

Excellent!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Marshall
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wallace's death also allows the Scottish player to crown either Bruce or Comyn as King, at the cost of turning the other faction's nobles over to the Emglish - so be careful.

But the biggest impact is that the Scot has just lost his best piece -fast, hard puncher, 4 steps, and first to fight. Life as the Jock has just got a lot harder.....

Only the Scots' King can match Wallace, and as above he comes at a price. Also, the Scot can't be as bold with King as with Wallace, as the loss of the King brings with it the loss of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chamberlain
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, at the end of the game if both players are tied with Nobles that they control, the English wins if Wallace is dead. If Wallace is alive then the Scots win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Estabrook
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Hi

What do you mean by the other faction's nobles? How does one tell which nobles are with which faction?

Thanks

Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bruce nobles have a light green background.
Comyn nobles have a light yellow background.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Estabrook
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Thanks for the quick response, how did you know that?

Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Ummm.... I looked at my blocks and Bruce is light green and Comyn in light yellow. It is also mentioned under 2.22 of the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.