Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Amick
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMT wrote:
Ok... I'm probably being blind here, but I can't find a rule that says you move the start player marker between rounds...

Does it stay with the same person, or move around the table?

It moves around the table, passing to the player to the left of the one who took the last pyramid tile. See the "End of a Leg" section on the last page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ericamick2 wrote:
MrMT wrote:
Ok... I'm probably being blind here, but I can't find a rule that says you move the start player marker between rounds...

It moves around the table, passing to the player to the left of the one who took the last pyramid tile. See the "End of a Leg" section on the last page.

Thanks! I saw it after the game... doh. Anyway, appreciate the answer. Sorry I deleted the OP not realising you had answered!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaboda
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ericamick2 wrote:
MrMT wrote:

Wow totally been miss playing that we've just rotated it clockwise no matter who ended it. Which is probably why I've not encountered the issue posted in another thread about people delaying taking the last die so they aren't last. Makes sense now why that would happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaboda wrote:
ericamick2 wrote:
MrMT wrote:

Wow totally been miss playing that we've just rotated it clockwise no matter who ended it. Which is probably why I've not encountered the issue posted in another thread about people delaying taking the last die so they aren't last. Makes sense now why that would happen.

well, the 'issue' is a matter of design!

After playing an 8 player in which we mistakenly did the clockwise rotation, it didn't seem to be a major problem: the player who won started in second to last position round the table!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Cooper
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I find the marker to just be confusing. We have started to just leave it out. I tried using it the first few times playing, but we would forget to move it along and so it wasn't really serving a purpose anyway. We have found that it is just as easy to remember who took the last pyramid tile as it is to remember to move the marker on at the right time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.