Hide
4 Posts

Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of Ashardalon Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Starting level and Flying carpet rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Hernandez
msg tools
I have some questions that most will probably think are basic.

1. When starting each adventure, do your characters go back to 1st level? i.e we just finished adventure 2, and want to proceed directly to adventure 3. Do we go back to 1st level?

2. Does the Flying Carpet count as a marker for purposes of traps? It is called a marker in the description, and traps say if there is a marker present to discard the trap.

Thanks,
Feral

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes and yes.

The Adventures are entirely independent from each other unless you're playing with the optional campaign rules (which also change some other stuff like how treasure works)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rhys Corlett
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
I brought this without thinking it through
badge
I don't have to explain my art to you
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes, unless you're playing the campaign missions from later in the book.

2. Funny rule - but yes. You're flying around them, I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SlebRittie wrote:
Yes and yes.

The Adventures are entirely independent from each other unless you're playing with the optional campaign rules (which also change some other stuff like how treasure works)

I highly recommend playing the entire book as a campaign. My group has been doing this. While we don't play WoA every week when we do come back to it having the equipment and levels from the previous play helps give the game more of a sense of continuity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.