Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Epp
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps I am just missing something in the rules, so feel free to berate me.

What happens when attacking an enemy stronghold when his noble is present?

I know a noble is never considered to be in the stronghold, so does he just lend his troops to the stronghold itself?

Or does he half to fight the noble first? But doesn't this lead to an ongoing cycle in which the stronghold can never be reached?

Any insight is much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Epp
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
*bump*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure where the idea that nobles couldn't assist in the defence of a stronghold came from. Ok, normally troops can only be on the board by being assigned to a noble (and conversely, a noble can only be on the board if it has troops assigned to it). The one exception to this is that troops can be assigned directly to a stronghold without the necessity of a noble being present. The section on sieges states, first of all, that sieges against strongholds work exactly the same as for cities. The rules go on to address the situation that is possible where a stronghold has troops without a noble being present and the slight difference that makes to the routine (no extra fate cards are drawn or discarded). It would not be possible for this to happen in a city siege hence the clarification, which here seems to have had the unintended effect of confusion rather than clarification. Here the berating ends...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Epp
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many Thanks, Bubslug.

I read it over and over again, but I didn't catch that little distinction.

My mental block has been lifted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.