Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John
United Kingdom
Radcliffe
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, not being a big fan of either the supplied 'paperish' bags supplied with the starter set, nor the fabric bag supplied with the ready-box, I asked my wife if she'd consider making me two bags. She said she would and after measuring the bags, and me saying that I'd like my bags to be slightly larger so it was easier to get my hand in, she told me to find a fabric I liked and to buy half a yard. Which I dutifully did.

She made my bags for me today, and it turns out, you can make six dice-bags, with just half a yard of fabric!

She lined them with a plain cloth, to give the bags a little more 'weight' and strung them with para-cord, finishing off each bag with a small leather Marvel character.

I'm really pleased with how they turned out.

All six bags together.

One of the small leather tags she added.

The lining, with Captain America.

Size comparison, the red bag is the bag that came with the Ready-box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Powell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Those are great. Where did your good lady wife get the fabric from?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Radcliffe
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clanpowell wrote:
Ebay, just type in a search for "Marvel fat quarter" I bought two fat quarters, which was enough for the six bags, that's how come I have more bags than I need.

There are a whole range of fabrics, but this was the pattern I felt best suited the Dice Masters game.

I may stick one or more of the bags on an auction or BGFGG if I get around to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Alvin
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
feenix1363 wrote:
clanpowell wrote:
Ebay, just type in a search for "Marvel fat quarter" I bought two fat quarters, which was enough for the six bags, that's how come I have more bags than I need.

There are a whole range of fabrics, but this was the pattern I felt best suited the Dice Masters game.

I may stick one or more of the bags on an auction or BGFGG if I get around to it.

you can get that fabric anywhere including walmart if yours has a craft isle with fabric.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Radcliffe
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mistermcb wrote:
feenix1363 wrote:
clanpowell wrote:

you can get that fabric anywhere including walmart if yours has a craft isle with fabric.

Neither
The Powell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
nor myself are US residents. As UK residents Ebay is probably the most cost effective way to get 'niche' items like this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Radcliffe
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If there's any interest, I've now got one of these bags listed in the April Games for GeekGold thread. HERE

I'm covering international postage, so if you have some GeekGold you can spare, feel free to join in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.