Cleopatra and the Society of Architects» Forums » Rules

Subject: Discarding cards with corruption rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martijn vR
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering: if I play a card with one corruption, I get one corruption. If I end up with having one card with corruption in my hand at the end of the game, I would have the same. Therefore, it doesn't matter if you keep it or play it (this only applies to one-corruption cards, those with two on them only count for one corruption at the end).
The idea behind the game is to build as fast as possible and earn as much as possible, while keeping your corruption in check. Since it doesn't matter if you play or keep a one-corruption card, there is no barrier or restraint from keeping you from playing this card (which contradicts the game idea). Any thoughts about this?

I have been looking for a rule (but didn't find it) that states that you can discard the card (in that case, the situation described above would be different.
The only way to get rid of the corruption cards is, in my view, to get more than 10 cards, pay 1 corruption and get rid of all the excess cards (only lucrative if you have more than 1 corruption point in your hand). That is allowed, isn't it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perrianne Lurie
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Part of the strategy is hand management. If you start collecting too many corrupt cards, take a large number from the market and discard the corrupt ones for only one corruption.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each corruption token taken gets you one step closer to the crocs. So, the reason you may not want to play a tainted card is, on future trips to the Market, you may draw the untainted resources you need to build what you want. You can then draw a large number of cards later in the game and discard your unused tainted cards for only one total corruption.

Instead, if you use a lot of tainted cards early in the game, you'll be searching for ways to ditch those corruption tokens, which could force you into an undesirable strategy (like building low-value mosaics, or bidding too high on the offering).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.