tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think there's a date yet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Wojtkielewicz
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
He who comes too late is punished by life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
You guys think you are so funny.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think they wanted to be funny.
Still, I'd recommend for the OP to change the title of this thread - to include a question mark!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denise Lavely
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No kidding, I was looking for my wallet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dumon wrote:
I'd recommend for the OP to change the title of this thread - to include a question mark!

Yes, please!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it planned to be Kickstarted..? shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:

Yes because Eagle KS all their games now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Muse23PT wrote:
clydeiii wrote:

Oh, man. Please no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
JJWonderboy wrote:
Muse23PT wrote:
clydeiii wrote:

Oh, man. Please no.

Yeah, I second this emotion. Vital has enough of a following now, I wouldn't think this is necessary. For me, his games are blind, auto-buys until proven different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bigloo33 wrote:
JJWonderboy wrote:
Muse23PT wrote:
clydeiii wrote:

Oh, man. Please no.

Yeah, I second this emotion. Vital has enough of a following now, I wouldn't think this is necessary. For me, his games are blind, auto-buys until proven different.

I agree but Feld has a bigger following and Aquasphere was also KS for the States...

It's a trend now... it's not due to being afraid of the game not selling or being from an unknown designer... it's just because it's way more profitable doing production with the money payed upfront...

I can't say I blame them... they are just taking advantage of the tolls the market provides and if it's better for the company to do it why shouldn't they do it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Muse23PT wrote:
clydeiii wrote:

shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
Love the world.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't mind that they use KS. I object to the MSRP pricing. Especially if Eagle refuses to sell through online retailers. That almost prevented me getting Rococo. Sadly, it may mean I won't get Gallerist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Neri
Italy
Livorno
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
Francesco Neri
mbmbmb
Kickstarter is really a bad news, because as usual for KS project, WE (read EU people) should overpay it, mostly caused by shipping cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H tV
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ZeroCool_ITA wrote:
Kickstarter is really a bad news, because as usual for KS project, WE (read EU people) should overpay it, mostly caused by shipping cost.

Same with Tesla vs. Edison: War of Currents which will probably cost 20$ to ship to Europe. But I'll douse my burning pitch fork until the offical announcement. Vital's games always find their ways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hobbes wrote:
I don't mind that they use KS. I object to the MSRP pricing. Especially if Eagle refuses to sell through online retailers. That almost prevented me getting Rococo. Sadly, it may mean I won't get Gallerist.

Except for those of us outside the U.S., the MSRP is often cheaper than online or Kickstarter prices once shipping is added in. Which is why the bonuses become so important for everyone no matter where they come from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Espínola
Brazil
Brasília
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ZeroCool_ITA wrote:

Bad, but thank god you do not live in Brazil... Very high shipping costs plus months at customs, high import taxes and pray for your game not come crumpled cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deron Dorna
United States
Westford
MA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hobbes wrote:

I am totally with you on that. I was very sad to see that Eagle is producing this, as I love Vital's games but I have never bought from Eagle due to its pricing/distribution policies. I may have to pass as well, even though it would mean missing out on what will probably be a really good game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
Love the world.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait a year and trade for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nils
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
any update on the kickstarter campaign? when does it start?

and will there be a german version of the game?? though the game material will be language independent, right?

thanks for the feedback.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer Sylvester
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like it if you could back this project and overpay to buy other gryphon games to save shipping cost.
With this fruit game I would have payed more gort shipping than the game itself - so Ill wait for Essen, which defeats the purpose of crowdfunding imho.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Neri
Italy
Livorno
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
Francesco Neri
mbmbmb
Kistarter is increasingly used as a pre-sale instead of a crowdfunding... less or no risk for the publisher... but more cost for us...
That's the way the cookie crumbles!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff C
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
The pen is mightier than a really small, blunt, and foam covered sword.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hobbes wrote:

that may have been the case in the past, but now they're only selling Age of Empires III: The Age of Discovery through CSI once it comes out, so I have the opposite problem as you, I don't shop online unless absolutely necessary, preferring to give my money to the FLGS that have treated me well over the years. I was an early bird backer of that project until they dropped a big steaming pile over their loyal backers in a pathetic attempt to drum up more pledges. Now there is no point to kickstarting it since you can get it cheaper through coolstuffinc with free shipping after the campaign is over with virtually he same stretch goals. I used to respect Eagle, now they are among the very few publishers I won't touch with a ten foot pole. It's a shame Vital opted to go with them for this project, I had been looking forward to this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Moller
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geek Scribe wrote:
that may have been the case in the past, but now they're only selling Age of Empires III: The Age of Discovery through CSI once it comes out, so I have the opposite problem as you, I don't shop online unless absolutely necessary, preferring to give my money to the FLGS that have treated me well over the years. I was an early bird backer of that project until they dropped a big steaming pile over their loyal backers in a pathetic attempt to drum up more pledges. Now there is no point to kickstarting it since you can get it cheaper through coolstuffinc with free shipping after the campaign is over with virtually he same stretch goals. I used to respect Eagle, now they are among the very few publishers I won't touch with a ten foot pole. It's a shame Vital opted to go with them for this project, I had been looking forward to this one.

This is blatantly ignoring the significantly better deal you are getting with the KS project versus buying from CSI. You will NOT get several items of content from the CSI pre-order that you will get in the KS project. If you bought everything from the KS outside of the project, you will regret it (financially anyway).

On a separate note, I find it rather amusing and even ironic that people would find MSRP pricing offensive. How dare that company try to make a profit so they can pay themselves and their employees! Honestly, this specific attitude is probably holding the hobby back to a degree. It's a selfish and elitist attitude. If more people actually could make money from producing designer boardgames, then more people with creative ideas would be drawn to doing so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marc magner
United States
webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mospinach wrote:

On a separate note, I find it rather amusing and even ironic that people would find MSRP pricing offensive. How dare that company try to make a profit so they can pay themselves and their employees! Honestly, this specific attitude is probably holding the hobby back to a degree. It's a selfish and elitist attitude. If more people actually could make money from producing designer boardgames, then more people with creative ideas would be drawn to doing so.

This really doesn't make any sense what so ever. It is a spurious argument at best, unless the publisher is selling directly to the public. As once the game hits the distribution channel the publisher makes the same amount of money if the game sells for MSRP or sells at a %30 discount...

One could even rationally argue it is better for the publisher for the RETAILERS to sell the games for greater discounts if the volume increase because they will sell more games do to higher demand at lower prices.

However this doesn't work if the publisher is selling games directly (in which they get their price plus the markup) or is closely associated with an online store that doesn't discount their prices as much as others...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.