Subject: Benefits of Zmergency/Zmaster rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Trezise
United Kingdom
Rugby
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Previously, I've only been able to play this game single player, and I was playing the combat phase totally wrong. (literally doing two actions, then moving zombies, then ending the round) < Rookie Mistake

However, on Friday I played this for the first time with another human and had an absolute blast. Most of the questions we had were covered in the rulebook (printed the updated version) and anything we couldn't find, we just house ruled.

I am playing again on Friday with the same friend and another and was looking at the expansions that are available.

Apart from a "quick play" variant and new tiles, what do you get in the Zmergency expansion?

And same question for Zmaster. Apart from the ability to have one player as the zombies, and presumably new tiles, what do you get?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee Parks
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
AdeptusAce wrote:
Previously, I've only been able to play this game single player, and I was playing the combat phase totally wrong. (literally doing two actions, then moving zombies, then ending the round) < Rookie Mistake

However, on Friday I played this for the first time with another human and had an absolute blast. Most of the questions we had were covered in the rulebook (printed the updated version) and anything we couldn't find, we just house ruled.

I am playing again on Friday with the same friend and another and was looking at the expansions that are available.

Apart from a "quick play" variant and new tiles, what do you get in the Zmergency expansion?

And same question for Zmaster. Apart from the ability to have one player as the zombies, and presumably new tiles, what do you get?

Zmergency is pretty solid. The advanced quickplay plays out like a literal rogue like game, in that you're starting with a single tile in most scenarios and then adding new ones as you move around the hospital or fema camp(side B tiles) looking for the objective. It adds some additional, slightly more OP armory cards to the mix, about a dozen if i recall.

The biggest addition with Zmergency is the Encounter deck though. Instead of just laying tiles down, one after the other in quickplay, you also draw an encounter card as well. They tell you how to setup the tile you just laid down, how many zombies, search spots, or traps, plus some flavour text. Flavor wise the encounter cards are slightly darker theme wise then the core game. (I recall 1 where the encounter is just called hot dogs..

Hot Dogs
As you ease your way past a mound of rot, you
look over and see a pile of intestines perched
atop an indistinguishable corpse. Poking
through the gore you can see chunks of hot
dog... and that’s when your gorge starts to rise.
Make a check:
Success: Emptying your stomach does not
disturb any corpses.
Place a token adjacent to your Squad.
Failure: One of your Squad members loses
their lunch with vigor and gusto. The sound
of retching alerts the dead to your presence.
Place 2(Zombies) on every(Radiation) and (bio) square on
this tile.

http://www.greenbriergames.com/main/index.php/product/zmerge...

Zmaster on the other hand comes with really awesome special zombie mini's(Fatty, Jumper, spitter, crawler), mutation mechanics, rage wheel, zmaster player scenarios and cliche cards(FU cards to hand to players. aka, you fall down, a mist rolls in and reduces range etc..). Also you get a Dungeon master like player aka the Zmaster. However, Not going to lie, zmaster was a bit rushed to shelf and isn't the most balanced. Only veteran Zpocalypse players should attempt, or Zmaster pull some punches b/c it is brutal hard on the players. Zmaster forces the players to work together though, if you don't then it's almost automatic loss every time. Zmaster also isn't available in too many stores(limited print run). You can get it on our website. Whereas Zmergency should be available at most places that also carry Zpocalypse core game.

http://www.greenbriergames.com/main/index.php/product/zmaste...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.