Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Forster
United States
Pleasant Prairie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning" - Dr. Reiner Knizia
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I've poked around this game enough to know that I'd like to try it for real. Trouble is, I can't fit a live game (in person or via VASSAL) into my schedule. So I have to PBEM. I have Cyberboard and know my way around it fairly well - though I'm a little fuzzy on how to handle things like shuffling cards and rolling dice without a referee (in my previous PBEM experience I've used ACTS for dice).

Any takers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mrbass
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll gladly play you twilight struggle via wargameroom.com it's java and enforces rules so it's impossible to make a game playing mistake. Now a strategic mistake it can't help you there though. PM me and I can pretty much do anytime starting Monday. I've almost finished my Twilight Struggle Quick Overview and will let you know when done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Coon
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbass wrote:
I'll gladly play you twilight struggle via wargameroom.com it's java and enforces rules so it's impossible to make a game playing mistake.

Isn't wargameroom.com meant to be played in real-time? I know the OP was asking for a PBEM game. If people are successfully using wargameroom.com to play PBEM games, I am definitely up for that, too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mrbass
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
my bad...yes he was. Sometimes I play an hour or so then my friend and I have do go to stuff so we just quit and save and then resume from where we left off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Val
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've actually used Vassal to play the game by e-mail, and it worked pretty well. In fact, their module features some cool things like keeping track of which power controls each country, or automatically implementing the effects of cards. Also, the photos in the cards have been changed so it's kind of neat as a variation the original boardgame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Connor
United Kingdom
Brentwood
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ACTS has a dedicated module for Twilight Struggle which handles all the card issues. I'm currently using it in conjunction with Cyberboard which is working out very well.

If you haven't picked up a game yet ,or fancy another more than one, PM me and I will setup a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.