Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Look at the list of identities we have right now. It's all a pretty even spread, except for the three NBN ones.

Making News - Core.
TWIY - 40 carder.
NEH - WTF extra influence AND insane card draw.

No matter what's already here, the inner designer in me (and the outer) says it makes no sense for FFG to leave NBN with 3 identities for long. Their big box *must* be coming, right?

Right?

Only, half the world is bitching about how imba NBN is at the moment. Stuff like clot and the whole Chakana + Hivemind thing could slow them down, and I'm already seeing Leela countering NEH in a pretty bad-ass way with some surgical strikes. Whizzard... OK he's still not a thing despite the remote spam of NEH and RP... Sometimes HB, and soon Weyland too.

So wtf?? Can the game afford an NBN bloom?? Can NBN be taken in a direction that doesn't boost NEH ubiquity but make things more fun and diverse?

Will Jackson's long-lost father be finally revealed?

#doomsayers go
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yan
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the very strong suspicion that the new cycle will have a strong NBN flavor to it and the deluxe expansion definitively being NBN.

As I said in an other thread, I think that the devs will try to push NBN hard in other direction than pure fast advance. In a similar way that they pushed the ice advancing mechanic of Weyland very hard in O&C.

Zhab wrote:

As for NBN, people are complaining about the predominance of fast advance and have been for a while now. I think the devs might want to push some other NBN playstyles into the spotlight. Something that would feel NBN. I have a feeling that it will involve tracing (and tagging). Because let's face it, for all the tracing shenanigans available to the NBN card pool... When is it ever used to pull of something that isn't isn't related to a Weyland card ? Closed account and psychographics are not exactly hogging the spotlight...

Lately, NBN have been getting more in faction tools to punish tags. But more interestingly ways to punish multiple tags. Such as information overload and shoot the moon which joins the ranks of psychographics. Which gives an in faction purpose to all those tag storming tools that NBN seems so keen on. Previously, tag storming had little use beside making runners give up on tag prevention and dig for their plascrete...

The fact that they preemptively provided runners with a "tag storm" silver bullets (Paper tripping and to lesser extent sacrificial clone and new Angeles city hall) seems to indicate that the next cycle is about to push NBN in the tag storm and multi-tag punishment direction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Santos
msg tools
Card idea thread? Card idea thread.

Panopticon: Always Watching

Identiy: Division - Deck:45 - Influence: 10

The Runner plays with their hand revealed.

A little liberty, for a little security, is a fair trade.

PlayTime Edutainment: Learning & Growing

Identity: Division - Deck:45 - Influence: 15

As an additional cost to install a piece of hardware not through a card effect, the Runner must reveal another piece of hardware from their grip.

Companions for tomorrow's consumers.

Midway Telecommunications: Connecting the World

Identity: Division - Deck:45 - Influence: 15

The first time a runner encounters a piece of ice each turn, Tracex where x is the strength of the encountered ice. If successful, give the runner 1 tag.

Test flavor, please ignore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
★★★★☆
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
You don't study scaring, you just do it.
badge
I'm not even breaking a sweat.
mbmbmbmbmb
It is definitely coming and the expectations are very high. Each of the other deluxes had some unexpected IDs and I wouldn't expect any less from this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
NBN - "Our way or the highway".

"At the start of your turn, if you have 15c, you win the game".

Oh wait, it's already in the game. Damn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NBN - Express Yourself
When you mulligan, you can choose which cards are replaced.
The runner cannot mulligan.
45/10
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zak Jarvis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, I imagine they will be something different. The Jinteki ones were. The Haas-Bioroid ones were before that.

I would like to see something like:

ComStructure: Cybernetwork Infrastructure Solutions
Identity - Division
Deck size: 45
Influence: 15

If the Runner has more scored agenda points than you, the Runner's memory limit is reduced by two.

"Just limit the whole neighbourhood. The regular users won't even notice."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
There will be no more NBN identities ever. NBN is so broken they'll retire the faction and replace it with something else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Robert
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First time making an identity, so please be gentle:

NBN: Popularity Control Department
Identity - Division
Deck size: 45
Influence: 15

Every time the runner gains 3 or more credits during a single click, he or she gains 1 less credit.

"Threedee killed the video star."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulrik Bøe
Norway
Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
C'mon, we've seen this twice before. HB was top dog, C&C gave us different HB, not better HB. Crim was top dog, and again, slower, resource-based crim instead of more early game aggression was what we got. Neither faction got better with their box.

Shaper and Jinteki were weak, and gained at least one tier 1 deck. FFG has shown an almost uncanny ability to read the meta, and to diversify a faction without upping the power. The last is especially impressive, as diversifying could so easily give a faction new, better synergies or give them options that let's them spend their influence on better cards.

I'm looking forward to more tagstorm-type IDs, something along the lines of Shoot the Moon and Information Overload.

NBN - Inductive Statistics
If the runner is tagged at the start of your turn, you may pay 2c to initiate a Trace X: The runner recieves a tag. X is the number of tags the runner has.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yan
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ulrik wrote:
I'm looking forward to more tagstorm...

*Nods* Yup, tagstorm is coming... I can feel it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danwarr
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently every faction has, or is eventually going to have, 7 IDs to choose from with Criminal and NBN being the two exceptions currently. It looks like Criminals might get their 7th ID in SanSan Data Pack 4. NBN should be slated to get their 4th ID either in SanSan 5 or SanSan 6. (My personal guess, based on current spoiler charts http://boardgamegeek.com/blog/2866/four-flatline is that it's going to be SanSan 5).

Then with a NBN big box expac, that would bring them to 7 IDs which would be in line with all of the other Corporations IDs.

A question that goes along with this is NBN going to be paired with a Runner faction for the next deluxe expansion? (assuming there is one of course) Or could the NBN expansion have cards from all 3 Runner factions with Laramy Fisk, The Collective, and a promo Anarch being the 3 Runner IDs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The Collective isn't getting released. Of all the options suggested to date, the one I find most plausible was in another thread (originally from Reddit) that the NBN box will be all Runner factions, include multiplayer variants and bring back Hidden Resources (titled Hide and Seek).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L S
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Danwarr wrote:
Currently every faction has, or is eventually going to have, 7 IDs to choose from with Criminal and NBN being the two exceptions currently. It looks like Criminals might get their 7th ID in SanSan Data Pack 4. NBN should be slated to get their 4th ID either in SanSan 5 or SanSan 6. (My personal guess, based on current spoiler charts http://boardgamegeek.com/blog/2866/four-flatline is that it's going to be SanSan 5).

Then with a NBN big box expac, that would bring them to 7 IDs which would be in line with all of the other Corporations IDs.

A question that goes along with this is NBN going to be paired with a Runner faction for the next deluxe expansion? (assuming there is one of course) Or could the NBN expansion have cards from all 3 Runner factions with Laramy Fisk, The Collective, and a promo Anarch being the 3 Runner IDs?

The collective will never be an ID since Fisk won. I don't see FFG breaking their promise to "exile" it forever on this one.

As for NBN becoming stronger from their big box I don't see it. As Ulric said the Criminal expansion didn't do anything to overpower an already extremely powerful faction. With the NBN big box they'll simply make NBN be able to play something besides FA astrotrain. NBN Never Advance was already very strong before but it required a lot of skill to pilot. I'd like to see that kind of a playstyle be enhanced in the next expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem is - would new NBN identities be a match to NEH astrobiotics? This deck is very fast and quite easy to play - something very important in tournaments, especially in later hours. Sure, we can get new NBNs, but could they match the rock solid NEH win rates?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danwarr
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CommissarFeesh wrote:
The Collective isn't getting released. Of all the options suggested to date, the one I find most plausible was in another thread (originally from Reddit) that the NBN box will be all Runner factions, include multiplayer variants and bring back Hidden Resources (titled Hide and Seek).

That certainly seems to be the most reasonable idea. Multiplayer variants would be interesting as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
The problem is - would new NBN identities be a match to NEH astrobiotics? This deck is very fast and quite easy to play - something very important in tournaments, especially in later hours. Sure, we can get new NBNs, but could they match the rock solid NEH win rates?

Considering how not one of the O&C Weyland IDs is better than Blue Sun, I wouldn't count on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
kroen wrote:
rattkin wrote:

Considering how not one of the O&C Weyland IDs is better than Blue Sun, I wouldn't count on it.

That's a hell of a statement considering that pack has only just hit. Give it some time to bed in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Galbraith
Canada
Lower Sackville
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just do the math on Titan Transnational, Mark Yale and Firmware Updates. Score Firmware (3/1), it goes into your score area with 4 agenda counters on it. Mark Yale clears each counter for 2c, and his ability triggers to give you a bonus credit each time, for a total of 12c. This is nearly as much money as scoring a Profiteering, except you don't take 3 bad publicity and you get 3 less credits.

Titan Transnational and Atlas? Even scoring it as a 3/2 gives you a counter to get a card from your deck? Sweet merciful Howard that's powerful. And at 17 influence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
PaxCecilia wrote:
Just do the math on Titan Transnational, Mark Yale and Firmware Updates. Score Firmware (3/1), it goes into your score area with 4 agenda counters on it. Mark Yale clears each counter for 2c, and his ability triggers to give you a bonus credit each time, for a total of 12c. This is nearly as much money as scoring a Profiteering, except you don't take 3 bad publicity and you get 3 less credits.

Titan Transnational and Atlas? Even scoring it as a 3/2 gives you a counter to get a card from your deck? Sweet merciful Howard that's powerful. And at 17 influence.

Right, but you've spent 3 credits and 3 clicks presumably (not counting builder/tol) to advance Firmware. So you're talking something closer to a bonus of +6c if you consider having just taken credits instead of scoring that particular agenda. Then you had to install Mark, which was another click, so it's more like +5. And at that point, restructure?

I'm sure its better than restructure because you got a point out of the whole thing, but I'm not sure its "amazing!".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Morris
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gumOnShoe wrote:
PaxCecilia wrote:

Right, but you've spent 3 credits and 3 clicks presumably (not counting builder/tol) to advance Firmware. So you're talking something closer to a bonus of +6c if you consider having just taken credits instead of scoring that particular agenda. Then you had to install Mark, which was another click, so it's more like +5. And at that point, restructure?

I'm sure its better than restructure because you got a point out of the whole thing, but I'm not sure its "amazing!".

Having gotten 36 credits out of the combo in a game recently, I can attest that vacuum analysis of this situation is (as usual) incorrect. Spoiler alert: this combo is bananas, especially because it's in a deck that can do other things already with the same cards (Atlas train).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Galbraith
Canada
Lower Sackville
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gumOnShoe wrote:
PaxCecilia wrote:

I'm not trying to say it's pants on head retarded good but I don't think it should be so easily dismissed. Remember it adds agenda counters to every single agenda scored. You can score hostile takeover and use the counter for 3c if you want. You can score agendas as normal, then whenever you get Mr. Yale pop all your agenda counters for a dump load of cash.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Galdames
Chile
Santiago
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, that Titan Transnational Mark Yale cheese build sounds really cool. Any one with a preemptive decklist to bust it out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fireandblood wrote:
Man, that Titan Transnational Mark Yale cheese build sounds really cool. Any one with a preemptive decklist to bust it out?

I've seen a whole bunch of decklists, and while that set looks really cool, I'm feeling a bit meh about how forced it feels - it's a set of stuff that *must* work together and doesn't really work when taken apart.

I guess I should shut up about that since I love my NEXT Giraffe deck so much :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PaxCecilia wrote:
gumOnShoe wrote:
PaxCecilia wrote:

I'm not trying to say it's pants on head retarded good but I don't think it should be so easily dismissed. Remember it adds agenda counters to every single agenda scored. You can score hostile takeover and use the counter for 3c if you want. You can score agendas as normal, then whenever you get Mr. Yale pop all your agenda counters for a dump load of cash.

Oh, that's interesting, I never thought of every agenda ever getting that token, that's a great point. I wonder if there'll be more agenda counter manipulation or powers coming.

I would really really love it if in future we occasionally get a Caissa, or a NEXT, or a Grail, or an agenda counter thing, or whatever, that revitalises an entire written-off set of cards

Woo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.