Popular Tags: [View All]
Euron Crows Eye
United Kingdom
radcliffe
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok there are 5 tributes in front of goth. Next player lets him walk - does the goth walk to the space of the last tribute? Is every space from the one he was on to the last tribute space then "destroyed"? IS this in order to, space by space?

Also are tributes taken one by one in order in the aftermath?

Sorry had to write this rushed - boss around!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Langy wrote:
Ok there are 5 tributes in front of goth. Next player lets him walk - does the goth walk to the space of the last tribute? Is every space from the one he was on to the last tribute space then "destroyed"? IS this in order to, space by space?

Also are tributes taken one by one in order in the aftermath?

Sorry had to write this rushed - boss around!

From my 1 experience...

Yes, the Goth walks to the space of the last tribute

Then all the tributes are put in the center and starting with the player who moved the goth, each player takes it in turns to lose a building of a type indicated by 1 of the tributes... probably you want to move the tributes to a new pile as each player does this... Keep going round the players till all items have caused a building to be destroyed.

Then, starting with the player who moved the goth, each player takes it in turns to pick one of the tributes for himself... again, keep going round players until all tributed items have been claimed.

In summary then

1) move goth to space of last tribute.

2) Pile all tributed resources in middle.

3) Starting with the player who moved goth, each player picks a tribute from the pile and loses a building of that type. Move that tribute to a new pile. keep going round the players until all tributes have been moved to the new pile.. some players may lose multiple buildings.

4) Starting with the player who moved goth, each player picks a tribute from the pile to keep. Continue round the playes until all tribute items have been claimed... some players may get multiple resources
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Crawford
United States
Chester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, that was clear in the rules...not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Euron Crows Eye
United Kingdom
radcliffe
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers for that ! kiss

Yeah the rules are a little lacking in places!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Gonzalez
United States
Athens
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is my understanding of the rules, from my 1 playing. I think that when it comes to loosing buildings, each player, starting with the one who declined to pay tribute, must loose one card that matches one of the remaining symbols on the spaces that the Goth moved over and stopped on. I would not recommend putting the tribute in a pile, though, because 1)sometimes in our game people payed glory as tribute and 2) I believe that when the players then collect tribute they collect it on a "space by space" basis rather than one resource at a time. In other words, I believe when a player collects tribute he selects a space on which there is tribute and takes all the tribute from that space, which may be more than one resource. I'll have to check the rules on both of this point when I get home and get the game in front of me.

Really liked it, looking forward to my second game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, in the method I was taught, we did have to remember what tribute the purple (glory) resources had been used to pay. As I said, I only played it once, but I trust the guy who taught me... he's pretty good and they had played the game before.

You might be right about taking the tribute, though we definitely played that you each took 1 until they'd all gone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Gonzalez
United States
Athens
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Having gotten home and reading the rules again I think I am wrong about the tribute recovery.

The rules say:"Next, starting with the active player, players may take back the resources that have been left on the board. Regardless of who played which counters, or who lost which production cards, the active player gets first choice of the counters on the board, the next player chooses from what's left, and so on."

No indication there that the resources are claimed on a space by space basis, so I think I must have come up with that on my own.

Oops! blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McGreevy
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found that the following is the easiest way to keep track of production cards that need to be destroyed.

Leave the pieces on the spaces and when a player destroyes one of the cards listed, move the piece to a central stack. After all the pieces are moved to the central stack by destroying the cards, the active player selects one and so on until all have been selected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Landon
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't it seem strange that the Goth doesn't actually get any of the tribute? Or did I miss part of the rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.