Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to play ANR months and months ago, and I eventually sold my stuff due to a poorly organized league and a terrible tournament organizer at my LGS.

I still love the game, though (It actually might be my favorite game). But I don't know if I'll have anyone to play with if I get back into it (None of my friends at the moment have the money for it).

What do you think? Given these circumstances, do you think I should still invest money into the game, or hold off until I know I'll be able to play with people?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
Where are you? Maybe we can help you with that people problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would wait until you have opponents, otherwise you could end up selling your cards at a loss again, or just having money tied up sitting on a shelf.

I think my first step would be to call around the local game stores + look on Meetup and see what LCG groups exist in your area. Maybe there's a group someplace you could join. It might be Netrunner, might be something else. But a game you get to actually play usually beats a game that you don't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gumOnShoe wrote:
Where are you? Maybe we can help you with that people problem?

South Florida, Broward County. Cool Stuff Games is by me, but I dunno if they do ANR anymore. And 2 other LGS' are around, Hey Wanna Play (which I'll check out) and TATES (which doesn't do ANR). The Rock and GXE are too far from me.

I'll check on Meetup, that's a good idea. Thanks guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Golin
United States
Sunrise
Florida
flag msg tools
I've been recently thinking about organizing a regular A:NR group since my friend and I are now looking to play other people. We live in Cooper City.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.