Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddie Mittelstedt
United States
Hampstead
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I bought Swipe about a month ago with the intention of playing with the girls. It stayed shelved for quite a while because after reading the rules it just didn't seem like it would be interesting or fun. Boy how wrong I turned out to be! Shelby asked to play a game the night before, but I was tired, and promised a game the next morning.

The next morning I was scanning the game shelf looking for a suitable game and my eye caught the nifty little plastic box that houses the Swipe game. I thought this would be a good day to play. After re-reading the rules (very simple) I brought it downstairs and announce to the girls it was time to play a game.

Their attention was immediately caught as I dumped the colorful dice onto the carpet. It took 10 seconds to explain the object of the game, and then we were off.

We ended up playing two games. During the first the dice pool was eaten up quickly, and as expected control of the dice frequently moved from player to player. In the end I ended up dominating because I was rolling lots of Dice Swipe icons.

Daddy: 26
Shelby: 12
Sophia: 12

The second game very few Take a Center Die icons were rolled so there was always a large amount of dice in the center pool. What little dice we had to work with were constantly being moved around as Steal Dice icons came up frequently. Sophia was constantly rolling Red Dots so each turn was taking at least one chip from the pool. In this way the game ended quicker than the last, and by end game, no matter how many times I stole chips from her by rolling the icon, she still ended up taking the game.

Sophia: 19
Shelby: 16
Daddy: 15

Per the rules of our Fall family league, everyone gets a chocolate for the session, and an extra chocolate to Sophia as a prize for winning!

Swipe is an excellent game to play with kids. After the first game is played, there is less delay with every turn as the icons are quickly recognized. The second game was much quicker than the first, and much more enjoyable. There is very little downtime between turns, which is important as young minds have small attention spans . The girls had a great time playing it and it will hit the...carpet again soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Moore
United States
Savannah
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Swipe
We enjoy this game as well. We have played it with three up to 6 players and found it is more interesting with 4 players, but is fun with 3.

What we really like about it is how portable it is.

in a small box you have a fun game you can play if all you have is a flat surface and a little time. no score pads, or pencils required.

It's a nice little game to own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.