haqattaqq .
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
do dudes added to a posse count for determining control of the shootout location?

Here's my scenario:
I've got 1 dude (1 influence) at a location.
My opponent has 1 dude (0 influence) at the same location.

Opponent calls me out, I accept. They form a posse in bring in a dude with 2 influence.

Do they now control the location?

There's an ability on the location that says shootout: boot to move one of your dudes here.

When I'm forming my posse I want to use that ability, but I don't know if my opponent controls the location now as he brought in more influence than me when he formed his posse.

Can I use the ability? Can my opponent use it once he brings in the first person to the posse?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bet if you step through the rules, you will find your answer. I think prior to the "move the posse to the location" you would control, but after that step, you would not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tarr
United States
Floyds Knobs
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
haqattaqq wrote:
When I'm forming my posse I want to use that ability

Can't use the shootout abilities until AFTER the posses are formed. So you would form a posse normally, and then (if you still had control), you could use the deed to bring in another dude while laughing evilly.

The way I've been playing it (not that that is binding), your opponent, in bringing someone else to that deed to tip the influence, would have control of the deed. You would be denied the ability to use it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a dude is at that location their influence counts for control. So it just depends on what step you're at whether they are there or not.

As Rob points out, you can't use Shootout abilities until after both sides have formed their posses, so nobody can ever use the deed's ability while forming their posse - it's not time for that yet.

After forming posses, when it's your turn to take a Shootout action, THAT is when you should check to see if you currently control the deed or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
haqattaqq .
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Awesome! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.