A S
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played with the evolution cards and had The King in Tokyo with his "Twas Beauty killed the beast" which grants him: "Gain 1 VP at the end of each Monster's turn(including yours)". Another player was MekaDragon who played the Tune-Up evolution which says "skip your turn" to heal and get energy.

Should The King get a point at the end of MekaDragon's turn even though it was skipped?

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say yes. But this is unclear. Technically the player is"skipping " his turn; he is gaining a benefit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
costguy wrote:
I would say yes. But this is unclear.

Agreed.
Yes they "skip" their turn, but they can only use the card "on their turn", which means they "sort-of, kind-of still have a mini-turn-thing".

I work under the ruling that it counts as a turn, and the card basically says "play before you roll the dice, treat your dice results as [stuff], you may not purchase cards this turn".
Same overall functionality, much clearer rules-wise.
Same goes for the Kraken's version of the evolution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
I don't think the Meka Dragon example power up has "on your turn" in the text, does it?

I disagree with the others. If someone's turn is "skipped", then I see that as the same as they do not exist for that time being, until next player's turn starts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sappington wrote:
I don't think the Meka Dragon example power up has "on your turn" in the text, does it?

It does:
"Discard this Evolution on your turn if you are not in Tokyo. Skip your turn but..."
The Kraken version (Sunken Temple) is a Permanent version, but doesn't have the 'on your turn' bit:
"If you are not in Tokyo you can skip your turn to..."

Either way, it pretty much has to be your turn in order for you to use the cards in order to skip your turn.
So you get a turn, but you don't get a turn on your turn.
Yeah...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.