• [+] Dice rolls
Herwig Riedl
Austria
Graz
flag msg tools
roll the hard six
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
added them; can`t find t mini site for the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dickon V
United States
Dover Foxcroft
Maine
flag msg tools
Fantastic! I love this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wonderful news! One of my top ten favourite games. The expansion sounds very exciting, adding in more political intrigue.

Looks like we get one new Nemesis (Chaos Marine) and three Imperium characters. The Terminator appears to be a Blood Angel. I'm not completely sure about the other two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herwig Riedl
Austria
Graz
flag msg tools
roll the hard six
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
one is an astropath and the other is a sister of battle medic.

but how many new char. were in the nemesis one? i guess it wll be the same amount.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jack delavert
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IT MUST BE MINE!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Scrat wrote:

Looks like we get one new Nemesis

Quite interesting on its own. FFG has in the past gone to frustratingly great extents to avoid including stuff in expansions that requires other expansions. I'd assumed it was policy at this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps it's included, but optional. If you don't have Nemesis, you don't use it. Talisman/Relic are quite modular and adaptable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zwara81 wrote:
one is an astropath and the other is a sister of battle medic. How many new char. were in the nemesis one? i guess it wll be the same amount.
Well spotted. I must have scanned past that part.
Nemesis had two Imperium characters and four Nemesis characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This makes me a happy man, and the wife loves painting these so it's a win win!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On a side note, kind of bummed no Orc for a nemesis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reuben Cronje
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deano2099 wrote:
Scrat wrote:

Looks like we get one new Nemesis

Quite interesting on its own. FFG has in the past gone to frustratingly great extents to avoid including stuff in expansions that requires other expansions. I'd assumed it was policy at this point.

If this indicates a shift away from that policy, I'm all for it! Now FFG just needs to release an expansion that let's me use all of my Descent expansion tiles in a campaign...

EDIT: Also, I get that FFG wants to make it so that you don't HAVE to have one expansion to play another, but it really is quite a value add to at least have some kind of nod to other expansions. The added nemesis here being a great example, without making Halls of Terra unplayable without Nemesis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
VaeVictis666 wrote:
On a side note, kind of bummed no Orc for a nemesis.

Here is to hoping we get a Ork infested sector expansion with nemesis and cool characters like Catachan's or Salamanders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Malbon
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jvdv wrote:
I am happy to see that the game is popular enough to get expansions.
I was dumb enough to sell off my base game copy some years ago, even though I liked the game. I don't have any gaming friends or groups that the game fits well with, but now I am playing much more solitaire games, and it seems to work fine like that.

I really like the leveling and adventure aspects of the game, plus it's the only boardgame available that captures a wider aspect of the Warhammer 40k universe.

I dig Relic solitaire too. I usually play two characters. It is a fun adventure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kym Gork
Australia
flag msg tools
FFG most recent Expansion for Talisman is 'The Deep Realm' which can only be used if you have the Dungeon and City expansions, so i guess they are slowly breaking the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lester Ortiz
Puerto Rico
Dorado
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Scrat wrote:
Wonderful news! One of my top ten favourite games. The expansion sounds very exciting, adding in more political intrigue.

Looks like we get one new Nemesis (Chaos Marine) and three Imperium characters. The Terminator appears to be a Blood Angel. I'm not completely sure about the other two.

I played 40k until a year ago. I'm pretty sure the Nemesis is a Chaos Marine from the Iron Warriors Traitor Legion. And to be more specific, a Warpsmith from their ranks (these are basically Chaos Techmarines). Games Workshop did a model for Warpsmiths not long ago (1.5-2 years maybe?):
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Chaos-Space-Marines-Warp...

That one is painted in the Iron Warriors' colors even.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Foster
United States
Erving
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A question for seasoned Talisman players: How are the sideboards incorporated into the game? I'm assuming there's a way to transition to the sideboard through normal movement.

I like the theme of Halls of Terra, but I don't know if I'm totally sold on the concept of a sideboard. I'm sure I'll get it anyways once it comes out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
side board = expansion board? In 4th edition revised Talisman, the 4 corner boards connect to spaces either on the corner or nearby. You seamlessly move right onto the new board with your movement. A couple of them are connected to spaces that can give you grief if you land on that space and roll bad you may lose a turn. But even if so, when you do get to move again you may move into that board/region.

Now there is another board, the Dragon expansion, which has 2 sides which can replace the center of the game. You use this instead of the normal board center region (Inner region).

In 2nd edition Talisman there was Timescape board that did not directly connect to the other board, you could get sent there by spells or an alternate ending. Or by a space or 2 on a certain roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Conroy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the main board wasn't already too big and too busy I'd be interested in this. As it stands, I think I have neither the table space to accommodate it nor the level of internal peace required to deal with such a cluttered playing area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
achates wrote:
If the main board wasn't already too big

One measly main board is already too big surprise ? It doesn't even come close to :

(couldn't find a four-corner pic)

or even

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Conroy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
achates wrote:
If the main board wasn't already too big

One measly main board is already too big surprise ? It doesn't even come close to :

In all seriousness though, that's a good example - there's no space on that table for players to lay out their cards & tokens. I hate that.. angry

But obviously that is just a function of table size - my real point was the aesthetic of the board. Space issues aside, Talisman has a much more nicely designed board which is easier to look at and can better accommodate expansions.

The details of Relic's board are beautifully painted, but the overall effect is like a randomly-assembled jigsaw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.