United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmb
The Line Command card says, Ordered units may take a momentum advance after a successful close combat and may battle again where eligible.

Does this mean that a unit which normally couldn't follow-up and attack would be able to both advance and battle after a successful close combat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Takacs
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read that as not changing the basic rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Key words, "where eligible."

Units that would never get a momentum attack do not get one now. The ruling is trying to explain that, just because you've used a Line Command, units that would get a momentum attack still can get one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Bennett
United States
Newton
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Why did the painter paint the wall for free? Because it was on the house.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ken and Kevin have it right. I think the reason this wording was included was over concern that people might think that the movement restriction on the card ("Units in the block may only move one hex.") would prevent momentum advances.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sosa
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
I will break him.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I've been playing that card wrong all this time. I thought it was a powerful infantry card that allowed everyone to momemtum advance and attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.