6 Posts

Robotech RPG Tactics» Forums » General

Subject: Any additional unit cards in the Valkyrie and other expansions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Clymer
msg tools
Hey all,

I've been using just the base sets, plus the sets for the mecha that didn't come in the base set. I have yet to purchase any of the models that come in the base set separately.

I'm wondering if there's anything extra in the valkyrie, regult, etc. boxes that doesn't come in the base set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even if there is something extra in the supplemental boxes, I refuse to buy more minis... (unless it is something really cool and I deem it essential to game play)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don McCalmon
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are additional unit cards in the supplemental sets, for instance the Destroid pack comes with the Brawler Squadron card, which is not included in the main boxed set (at least it wasn't in the Kickstarter version.)

Palladium has put that card up for free on Drivethru RPG though, and I think they'll do it for any other cards not included that chould have been.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the Regult Box. You get cards for the Attrition, Attack, and Recon Squadrons plus six supplemental tiny cards for the various Regult Artillery squads that you can attach to them. And a Regult card. I might pick up the Glaug box and the Tomohawk/Defender box to see if there's anything lurking in there.

A friend wondered why the Defenders have no Core Squadron card. I guess they just cross-attach them to everything else--though in the show they seem to be the chief close-in AA defense artillery for the SDF-1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cygnus 2112
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI - the Glaug Command box is the Deal of the day Today at Miniature Market for $18.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
BradyLS wrote:
A friend wondered why the Defenders have no Core Squadron card. I guess they just cross-attach them to everything else--though in the show they seem to be the chief close-in AA defense artillery for the SDF-1.

I suspect it is because a 4 Defender Air Defence Squadron Core Unit would only be 40 pts. (+10 for Airburst rounds)

Which would make them a cheaper way of being able to added special and support to other units, than is currently available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.