Popular Tags: [View All]
Badger
England
London
Enfield
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for an excellent site. I use it in a number of ways - keeping track of games I've played, checking out potential new purchases and so on. However, for the first time ever, I came across a problem....

I submitted a game to the database at the end of September. It was duly added a few days later, but I received a message saying my submission was declined because it was a duplicate. The database entry is exactly what I submitted. I have contacted two admins regarding this and have sent a total of three messages since October 4th, but I have had no response as yet. Other issues I have raised with the admins have been dealt with in the interim. I know it's only 2gg at stake, but I'd still quite like to get them.

Thanks in advance

badgeroonie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect that what Brian suggests is what happened. I don't believe it is possible for the entry you submit to be accepted while you also receive a rejection notice. It is likely that someone submit the same game with a similar description (or possibly identical if it was taken from another site or from the back of the box, etc) before you submit yours.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Badger
England
London
Enfield
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I thought had happened at first. However,the description on the database is exactly the same, word for word, as the description I wrote myself.

To be honest, I don't think I'm as bothered by the lack of gg as I am by the lack of response from the admins. I know they have a lot of work to do and that there's sometimes a backlog. I waited about 10 days for a response on another issue, but that issue was raised after this one.

I think the message I received was caused by a technical error, similar to when someone accidentally posts the same post twice, or the post disappears before submission.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Galloway
Canada
Lansdowne
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why isn't there a "Submitted by:" field for new database entries?

I am quite proud of the one game (from 1982) that I found and submitted last week.

goldencamel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Badger
England
London
Enfield
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.