Subject: Noobs tries some sealed decks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johannes Stål
Sweden
Örebro
ÖREBRO
flag msg tools
For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts. This you can trust.
badge
What is best in life?
mbmbmbmbmb
Me and my friend are going for some sealed deck action. We don't have a lot of magic cards except from some duel & commander decks and never buy boosters. Question: Should we each buy 6 boosters from Khans of tarkir or Fate reforged or should buy 2 each from the 3 in the Theros block? Or even 6 from the 2015 core? We don't have anything special in mind except having some fun and building some decks for casual play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Occhipinti
United States
Decorah
Iowa
flag msg tools
Magic Fanboy
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
4 Khans and 2 Fate Reforged would be the standard, I think!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan anonymous
msg tools
mbmbmb
You could always go weird and get 1 Theros, 1 Born of the Gods, 1 Journey into Nyx, 1 M15, 1 Kahns, and 1 Fate Reforged.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Logan
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are doing it casual you can really do whatever you want. Blocks are designed to work together so in theory sticking to the recommended sealed format will mean you end up with better decks.

I believe the recommended combinations are (from new to old):

4 Khans, 2 Fate
6 Khans
6 M15
2 Theros, 2 Born, 2 Journey (I think that's correct...)
4 Theros, 2 Born
6 Theros
etc

When Dragons of Tarkir comes out I believe Khans is ditched completely for 4 Dragons, 2 Fate
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
While the official draft format is 1 FRF 2 KTK, the official sealed format is 3 and 3, not 2 and 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Logan
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thatmarkguy wrote:
While the official draft format is 1 FRF 2 KTK, the official sealed format is 3 and 3, not 2 and 4.

Ah, I had 4 and 2 in my head and my Googling skills let me down in finding anything to contradict that. Where would you go to find the official format for a particular sealed block?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Björklund
Finland
flag msg tools
Overtext?! We don't need no stinking overtext! Oh wait...
badge
Overtext?! We don't need no stinking overtext! Oh wait...
mbmbmbmb
Logan8 wrote:
thatmarkguy wrote:

Ah, I had 4 and 2 in my head and my Googling skills let me down in finding anything to contradict that. Where would you go to find the official format for a particular sealed block?

That information can be found in the tournament floor rules. The latest version:

http://wpn.wizards.com/sites/wpn/files/attachements/mtg_mtr_...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.