Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Austin Slade
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm new to this game. I received it a little over a week ago and I haven't been able to stop playing it. The reason? For everything that it has going on, it's surprisingly balanced. It has an awesome theme. I've played it with 5 players, 2 players and solo. I've liked each time. My first game was a solo game. I was just getting to know each of the heroes and their different abilities. I fought Baron Blade and he really handed it to me. Ha! But I had fun!

This game might be right for you if:

-If you like co-op games. When I played with 5 players, it took us a couple of rounds to find how each of our heroes could work best together. But once we did, we felt like we could take on any villain (of course that's easier said than done). I'll admit, it's true that you might have a selfish player who just wants to help out his hero every turn, but that's a player's problem; it's not the game's fault.

-If you ever want to play a solo game. At first, this might be a little tricky for first time players like myself only because there may be a lot of things to keep track of. Other than that, this game is wonderful for solo play. Once you learn how each superhero plays, it is just so much fun to pick different ones to see how they can complement each other.

-If you only want to play for about an hour or so. Once you get the hang of it, games usually last about 60 minutes. 90 max. That works really well with being solo as well. It doesn't take too long to have a blast!

-If you like superheroes (duh!). I mean c'mon. This game is set in its own universe. Sure, the creators used common superhero tropes. But, hey, they're superheroes. Who cares? The multiverse heroes aren't the exact same as the ones that you already know. I love how each hero plays in its own unique way.

-If you want a challenge. Some of these villains are tough. What's more, if you fight them in the wrong environment, you might feel like you don't have a chance. Additionally, the villains were definitely NOT an afterthought in this game. They are such an integral part of how it's played. I love that.

-If you like comics. I think the artwork in Sentinels is awesome.* The comic book style clearly works in a superhero game. One of my favorite cards: Legacy's "Thokk!" That onomatopoeia card is just awesome.

-If you want a nearly endless amount of replayability. Each game consists of 3-5 heroes, 1 environment and 1 villain. Every time you play, each can be different. And every time you play with the same deck, you won't draw the same as before.

Overall, this is a great game. I have really enjoyed playing it. I look forward to continue playing it and purchasing more heroes, environments and villains. Keep in mind, this is just one new player's opinion, but feel free to comment and let me know what you think of my opinion (please be respectful ) and what you think of the game. *Also, I've actually heard that many comic book fans are a little turned off by the artwork. I'm sorry if that's the case, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Herring
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Austin,

I am a fan of this game as well. I just did a full play through using some expansion (Wrath of the Cosmos) heroes, villain, etc.

I also use the Sentinels Sidekick App which is awesome.

Here is the play list if you are interested:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSxVbnQ1EfAArUKNLadq2...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Jarmusch

Oakland
New Jersey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Austin! Glad to hear your liking Sentinels. This game has been, hands down, the best investment I have made in gaming. I'm always on the watch for something that will keep my teenage boys interested in board gaming, and this is THE go-to game for us and quite a few of our friends. My boys will almost always play this, and each of the expansions has been a great addition to the mix. It seems that whenever there is a hero or villain that we don't like for some reason, if we simply play with them more, we find the subtleties and strategy behind them and enjoy them as much as the rest. My 15 year-old has even made his own decks for heros he's created and had fun tweaking them as we play with them. Hope you get as much fun out of this game as we have!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Slade
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doug,

The app looks slick. Wrath of the Cosmos was the first expansion I purchased! A little weird, I know. But I love playing with Captain Cosmic and Sky-Scraper!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Slade
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DJDJ wrote:
Hope you get as much fun out of this game as we have!

Me too! I introduced it to 4 friends and each of them loved it! We had a blast. Here's to years of saving the Multiverse!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Schmoll
United States
Raleigh
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is one of my favorites and my wife's favorite by far. Seeing people still getting into it and discovering it is wonderful.

Glad you enjoyed it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gordon
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
no realy this is blank
badge
HOBBES!
mbmbmbmbmb
I really enjoy this game, it really clicked with me too!

Welcome to the multiverse

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.