XCOM: The Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Version 1.0.3... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Whats different between the old version?...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they left out some of the alien types. They are included now. Though that might have been the updates prior to this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Squidget
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yep, Thin men, for example, are never chosen in 1.02. A bug.

I haven't been able to find anything else different. If you are on iOS where 1.03 is not not yet available, don't let that stop you. 1.02 is perfectly playable, it's just not the whole game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Cool because hoping to play the game in the weekend and didnt want to play half a game..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Connellan
United States
Binghamton
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword.
mbmbmbmbmb
Squidget wrote:

I haven't been able to find anything else different. If you are on iOS where 1.03 is not not yet available, don't let that stop you. 1.02 is perfectly playable, it's just not the whole game.

So... what about those topics about people using arc throwers against Thin Men and how difficult it was to deal with Thin Men. What were they doing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Pintsizepete wrote:
Squidget wrote:

So... what about those topics about people using arc throwers against Thin Men and how difficult it was to deal with Thin Men. What were they doing?

Using Android devices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Connellan
United States
Binghamton
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword.
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
Pintsizepete wrote:
Squidget wrote:

Using Android devices.

Oh, so they had it correct on everything except iDevices? I see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pintsizepete wrote:
bleached_lizard wrote:
Pintsizepete wrote:
Squidget wrote:

Using Android devices.

1.0.2 was missing Thin Men (and, I think I heard someone say Ethereals too). 1.0.3 appears to have all the aliens in the pool, but has taken different amounts of time to get into the various app stores.

There are also some minor wording changes in the rules in the 1.0.3 version - the one I know for sure is in the Mission rules, where 1.0.2 says "if one or more soldiers assigned to the mission task are not killed" and 1.0.3 says "if one or more soldiers assigned to the mission are not killed"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Squidget
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Pintsizepete wrote:

It was broken in version 1.02, on all platforms.

It's just that 1.03 has shipped for Android, PC, and browser-based platforms. But 1.03 hasn't shipped for Apple yet.

As soon as it ships on Apple, you get the same fixes. If the Apple browser can run the in-browser version, you don't even have to wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Schlueter
Germany
flag msg tools
Does anyone know whether there will be 1 app for all languages, so all languages will have the same version/ rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał
Poland
Gdańsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
No ios update to 1.0.3 :-(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kwijiboe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Base. GAME.
mbmbmbmbmb
markus29 wrote:

Not sure what's taking so long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denmark
Bagsværd
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
markus29 wrote:

Just downloaded it for IOS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.