Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would this game be playable with 2 players? and if so, would it be fun too?

This seems to be a good game, I'd love to try it...

-Jorge
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Vaschillo
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Conquest of the Fallen Lands is playable with 2 players. And it is a lot of fun! My two older sons play it that way every week (when I am away).

Although it was not originally designed for less than 3 players (the rules say 3+), I played it a few times myself with just one opponent and it works. All the rules still work - nothing needs to be modified. You might need to invent new strategies, but unlike in some other games playing with just 2 people does not drastically change anything.

The rules recommend you use a smaller board for 3 people (do not use all 61 hexes to build the initial board). This recommendation becomes more important for 2 - you might run out of marbles by the endgame, since you will be using only two colors out of five. But if you don't mind that - you can even play it on the large board.

Let us all know how you liked it - post a review!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answer. Nice to know

Is there an alternative way to get the game in Europe? Right now 50$ + 25$ shipping is too much, but if it is the only way. I'll eventually consider it....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Burago
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately sending one game to Europe costs over $25. This is the postal fee; it's hard to do anything about it.

Of course if a local game shop or distributor in Europe orders a couple of cases or more they'll get the wholesale price and shipping will be cheaper per game (it could be much cheaper if they have some sort of forwarder in the US). That should give them some room to maneuvre...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Burago
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
If you don't have a third person to play with a two person game can acctually be quite fun. My brother and I often do this when the rest of the family is busy and we want to play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adagio_burner wrote:

Of course if a local game shop or distributor in Europe orders a couple of cases or more they'll get the wholesale price and shipping will be cheaper per game (it could be much cheaper if they have some sort of forwarder in the US). That should give them some room to maneuvre...

I'm guessing, no distributor or game shop has done this yet... It would be great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well. I now own the game and have to say that it really works with two players. It might be more fun with more players, but I really had fun playing.

-Jorge
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for sharing, I will be playing this one with my wife, OH yea gotta love teh BGG, info that is over 2 years old is there for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.