Popular Tags: [View All]
Michał
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I would like to play Against the Trust 2 player variant with the classic power grid maps. I know the official variant was announced, but not published as far as I know.

I could work out most of the changes to apply. It is basically similar to 3 player game with a robot, so all values that are scaled with number of players are taken from 3 player setup. However there are exceptions of which I spotted 2 so far:
- end of game is at 18 (instead of 17) generators
- 6 power plants are removed in the initial setup (instead of 8)
What I cannot verify are the restock tables (not in the instruction manual). I would expect that restock values should be close to 3 player game ones (or even higher as it seems the trust will buy more resources on average than a real player). It seems that in PG Deluxe there are separate restock cards for 3 and 2 players. Are they the same?

From photos in the Internet I found some of the values:
Europe
2p:[262][235][223][112]
3p:[262][235][223][212]
4p:[374][345][334][122]
5p:???
6p:[5A4][468][456][234]
NA:
2p:???
3p:[252][224][313][212]
4p:[363][335][324][212]
5p:[474][336][425][323]
6p:[585][447][536][324]
Here Europe 2p/3p is very similar. But the difference seems strange as the 3 player step 1 has more uranium than 4 player step 1. It may be due some of the photos using a prototype version. Could someone post the actual values?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
From my recollection (and I am sure Henning posted in a thread about it) when playing with the Trust, 3 player restocking is used. Edit (which is the same as 2 player - see post and link below)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michał
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Karlsen wrote:
From my recollection (and I am sure Henning posted in a thread about it) when playing with the Trust, 3 player restocking is used.

Was it specifically about classic maps or Deluxe? In the published Deluxe version you surely have to use the 2p card with the trust as the classic 2p variant is not even explained in the Deluxe rulebook (at least the RGG one), so the card would have no other use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Found Henning's post

1. You use the "2-player" replenishment rates" - which are the same as for 3 players.

2. You use the 2-player set-up and remove LESS power plants, as for a 3-player set-up. The Trust takes power plants more aggressively as a human player, so you need a higher number in the draw stack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michał
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for finding the post. This clears it up for me.

Note that the linked post is about Deluxe version only so the '2 player setup' refers to the one from the Deluxe version which is different from 2 player setup in the original game (with the differences described in my OP).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.