Stepen Street
United Kingdom
Haywards Heath
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for your speedy responses last time. I'm finding ambiguity on stage 2B of this quest, now that I come to think of it.

Does it prevent a Sneak Attack Gandalf? My guess is no, because I am playing one card (Sneak Attack) and putting in to play one card from my hand (Gandalf) so I am not playing or putting in to play more than one card this round.

HOWEVER

Does it prevent ally Galadriel from fetching me an attachment as I would be putting in to play two cards from my hand this round? If so, does this just fizzle, leaving me with Galadriel herself but no attachment?

Or have I got it amusingly wrong?

Edit: oh wait, the attachment isn't from my hand. But if it were (for the sake of argument) would it fizzle?

Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendon Russell
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Sneak Attack/Gandalf - you can't do this, as the quest stage is preventing you from playing/putting into play more than 1 card total, not 1 played and 1 put into play.

2. Galadriel - the attachment is coming from your deck and not your hand, so it bypasses the restriction. If Galadriel's ability were different and the attachment came from your hand then yes, it would be prevented by the quest card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stepen Street
United Kingdom
Haywards Heath
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mb
Great, that's really helpful.

Just to clarify - would I be prevented outright from playing Imaginary-Galadriel-that-lets-you-put-an-attachment-into-play-from-your-hand-not-deck - because an inevitable consequence of playing her is that a second card will be played from my hand, or am I permitted to at least get her into play, then the Quest card blocks the second part?

I never thought I'd start talking about imaginary cards...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Munn

Unspecified
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
extrememedium wrote:
Just to clarify - would I be prevented outright from playing Imaginary-Galadriel-that-lets-you-put-an-attachment-into-play-from-your-hand-not-deck - because an inevitable consequence of playing her is that a second card will be played from my hand, or am I permitted to at least get her into play, then the Quest card blocks the second part?

The latter. Playing her would be allowed since that would be the first card from your hand, then her response (it would be a Response trigger with wording like "After Imaginary Galadriel enters play" or "After you play Imaginary Galadriel from your hand") would be blocked by the quest card effect, but she'd already be on the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendon Russell
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also don't forget that Responses are optional, so it wouldn't be an "inevitable consequence" anyway. (Unless we're talking about an Imaginary Imaginary Galadriel with a Forced Response which would make it mandatory, but it's unlikely to say the least that they would design a card with that effect in that way )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stepen Street
United Kingdom
Haywards Heath
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mb
Ah, that's super helpful. Thanks. And yes, I do kind of forget that responses are optional, which is why I always think Son of Arnor (or whatever it's called) is awful. Then I remember it's good.

Right! That's enough imaginary cards...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.