Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
Following dining upon birthday cake, six of us split off to play Once Upon a Time, while another four of those still present began a game of Settlers of Cataan. I led the games of Once Upon a Time, and so can't really file much of a report on the Settlers game that was played.

Involved in Once Upon a Time were Mike Lienau, Jeff Dougan, Jennifer Monarski, and three friends of Mike's whose names I didn't catch. We managed to play four or five hands in two hours.

Our first game was very much a "learning curve" game, as I was the only person who had played before, and that not in a couple of years. We kept most of the squabbling over rules and tightening down on interpretation to between games, which kept things from bogging down too much.

The first two games had endings that didn't really fit with what had gone before, but nobody felt like arguing too much. As it went on, we developed some interpretations that facilitated smooth game play.

Overall, everybody had a good time. This session reminded me of the learning curve to the game - anytime you have a number of new players, expect to have a few less-than-optimal hands while they get used to the flow of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.