Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Waits
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to see you've developed the game further. I'm extremely excited about this. Especially since I'll be able to play it with just my wife (2p).

So, when can we get this? In the US? How much? What sort of production quality should we expect? (I assume something above PnP).

On a related note... just went to a presentation by Dr. Arnie Baker on Floyd's test results a few nights ago. I'm enthused, and again very excited already for next year's tour. For those who haven't followed the latest in this case, check out http://trustbut.com/ for the latest. Bottom line, according to WADA's own regs, the tests are negative. The lab's work can only be described as shoddy and sloppy. According to Los Angeles and Australian labs' standards, the published test results are clearly negative (the French lab will not publish its own standards).

Yes, I live near Floyd, so I may be biased. But until seeing Dr. Baker's presentation, I was pretty sure he cheated. Now, I'm certain he has been falsely accused. Unfortunately, many in the public, and espeically the ignorant mainstream media, judged him a long time ago; long before the WADA report was even published.

Note, Arnie's PowerPoint presentation is all over the web now - with lots of additional analysis. For details go here: http://landiscase.wikispaces.com/

Next year Discovery's got Leipheimer and Basso. Who is the leader? Regardless, should be fun to watch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First things first (I'll answer in a different order to what you asked as I think the answers fit):

Production Quality:
The cyclist pieces I have ordered from a supplier and they appear to be exactly the same as the cyclist pieces in the game "Breaking Away". I hope that's a good thing! They're nice to move and are tactile and the colours are bright. Currently the definite colours are blue, red, yellow, green and orange with the final colour being either pink or purple. I was happy with either and although I asked for pink it's possible I'll receive purple. If I receive purple it'll stay purple.
This means I can order another set of colours for a seventh team expansion in one of the add-ons. I don't like the black though so it's unlikely they'll make an appearance.
The team boards are currently A4 laminated but I think I've decided I don't like them laminated even though people have told me they're fine like they are. I'll decide whether to keep them laminated or mount them on card instead.

Each player will have two dice. I was gonna provide dice in team colours but for my initial 20 copies of the game providing 6 lots of 40 dice was MUCH more expensive so instead each team will receive a white dice for regular roll and black for the 'breakaway' roll. 120 dice each of two colours works out a LOT cheaper and means I can pass those savings onto the price.

Each team needs 20 counters to keep track of cyclist abilities. These are 10mm diameter by 2mm thick and will be plastic. Again I was gonna do different colours for each team but the expense is extortionate compared to the same colour for each team. If Tour turns out to be successful and requires a second, larger, print run then the second edition may come with different coloured counters but I'm making no promises.

The game board is 9 A4 sized boards that are laid together to make the stages. They are double sided and some lengths MAY be possible to fit together erratically to change the course for extra variation. Of course then all the stage stats and distances are wrong but I still wanted to provide this possibility, however ragged.

The boards are 2mm mount board and the images will be done either one of two ways - 1) pro print job onto nice shiny paper which is then spray glued onto the board, or 2) self-printed onto photo paper and mounted. I'm looking into costs first and foremost but promise not to slack on quality. If I want people to pay, they have the right to expect good quality.

Cyclist cards will be printed on card, as will "fatigue" and "slipstreaming" counters - full colour and carefully sliced out.
The card quality is 280gsm.

Cost:
Ahhh, interesting. Now luckily for you lot, I'm not in this to make a fortune. I'm fully aware it's for my hobby enjoyment and the chance to provide an affordable and good quality game for you, the potential market. However I have to balance off the costs of making, pieces etc etc.
Bear in mind the game will come with:
9 A4 double sided fully colour stage boards (18 A4 colour sheets!)
30 colourful plastic cyclist figures.
12 dice.
120 10mmx2mm counters.
40 cyclist cards.
6 team boards.
fatigue and slipstreaming counters.
Rule books (standard AND advanced).
Box.
All full colour.
I'm still realistically shooting at selling it for £25 at most. Each copy will cost nearly that to make in my primary 20 copy production.

I would ship to the US, which I have to research of course but I won't by putting extra £££ on the shipping!

I will be showing this in (hopefully final) version at Midcon next month with feedback sheets which I will relay onto this site. When my shipments come through (cyclists are on their way) and everything's looking good I'll make the announcement for final release.
I could well open up pre-orders once you're all more aware of how it's been received and so can make a more informed decision on wanting to purchase a copy.

If pre-orders fill rapidly and more people desire the game I'll send out first edition fully before getting stuff together for a second edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Waits
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. Mark me down for one. Just gotta figure out how to get it across the pond.

--Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Recchi
Italy
Genova
flag msg tools
mb
Hi Luke,

mark me down for 2.
Max from Italy.

I can easily help you to reach 10 copies sold.

Max

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter F
Sweden
Gothenburg
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the game available as print & play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.