Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume I already know the answer and I don't like it, but that's not stopping me from asking.

I forget the names of the cards (Word of Mouth and I forget...?), but there's a Thug that gives you +$1k / crate and a Thug that says the value is = $1k.

If both come out on the same Speakeasy in the same turn, is it like MTG, where it matters which came first? That is setTo1k(x + 1k) = $1k but add1k(setTo1k) = $2k?

Personally, I'd prefer a rule that says both cards can't be played on the same speakeasy in the same turn... either it's a good speakeasy, or it's not.

It was my friend's copy, so I don't have a copy of the rules handy... this has been bothering me, since I felt that it really made my +$1k card worthless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Pate
United States
Franklin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the cards you are talking about are Copper in the House "Play on an open Speakeasy. No Influence, no Profit, Consumption Unlimited, Wholesale Price = $1g / crate, for one round only" and Word of Mouth "Play on an open Speakeasy. Profit increases at that Speakeasy by $1G / crate for one Round only."

The rules state that priority conflicts between thug cards are always resolved in favor of the Mobster wielding the the highest Muscle. So your card isn't worthless, you just need to play it when you have Muscle advantage. It's a good speakeasy, unless a stronger Mobster says otherwise.

Also note that Word of Mouth increases only profit, not wholesale price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My interpretation:

Priority is decided "in favor" of the highest muscle. So if someone tries to play the "+1K", then the higher muscle player could play the "no profit" card, cancelling all profit, and effectively cancelling the card.

On the other hand, if the high muscle player played the "+1K", then the low muscle player could still play "no profit", but the no profit card would be considered to be played "first", so the high muscle player would still get 1K profit (0 + 1K). High muscle can't prevent the card from being played - just decides which order the cards are considered to have been played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.