Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darren Belcher
Australia
New Norfollk
Tasmania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just want to clarify this for playing cards to a row.

The wording of the rule is "..."no card may be played to a program line unless EVERY line above it has at least 3 cards already placed on it"

I read this as "you can only play under a line if it currently has at least 3 cards on it - if it once had 3 and a card has been removed you CANNOT play under it until it has 3 again"

Is that correct? Pretty sure that's right but an alternative interpretation came to mind on subsequent readings.

Or should it be "once 3 cards have been played to a line you can play under it even if a card is removed subsequently" This would mean circumstances where you might forget that a row once had 3 cards in it (if the 3rd card was removed for example).

TIA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Harding
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, your interpretation is correct!

Thanks for the catch, any future editions of the game will include the word "currently" to the sentence. In other words, you can only play a card if thee are three or more cards in every row above it at the time of playing the card.

Thanks for playing :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Belcher
Australia
New Norfollk
Tasmania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent - thank you. I'm sure that's how everyone is playing it but I'm a bad one for needing wording to be exact before I'm certain of an interpretation

Got a few more plays in at lunch today - fast becoming a break favourite at work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.