Popular Tags: [View All]
Björn Hansson
Sweden
Bromma
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do all Allied reinforcements arrive at entry point A in this scenario - apart from those scheduled to arrive in Algeria or Entry point E (which are ignored)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Vrabel
United Kingdom
Cambridge
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
They can arrive at Entry area A or Algeria*. Unless they're scheduled for Algeria, in which case they must enter there. Or unless they're scehduled for point E, in which case they are ignored.

*Though you'd hardly ever want to enter there, you want to use as much of your shipping CAP as possible for shipping supplies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Hansson
Sweden
Bromma
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Peter!

I played a solitaire learning game and got quite confused as the US troops started piling up in Algeria...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Smith
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmb
On the subject of Race for Tunis, I have a question;

I fuel the Allied reinforcements which arrive at Entry Point A on the first turn with a Truck (and SPs) I have moved down from Bone. I then use movement mode to get the reinforcements to A34.22 ( ignore any strategic blunders for the purpose of this query! ). Given the railhead is possibly outside the 5.5 MP range, will these units be out of trace supply? Will they need to draw from on-map supply given they cannot trace to a detrainable rail hex?
If so, how do the Allies mount an attack to the East given they do not have any Rail Repair units or HQs to keep attacking units in trace supply? Do these units arrive later? Should the allied player wait for the appropriate reinforcements before mounting the attack?

cheers!

Ben

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Smith
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmb
OK, it turned out to be a case of RTFM!

As per the Tunisia special rules rail hexes can be simply controlled by any unit, none actually need repair.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.