England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
Would it be possible for the designers of Microbadges to have all their designs credited to them somehow?

Either by a link to a page of their badges, or something similar?

I think it's a shame that the creators are forgotten once the badges are made available.

Rob.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lajos
Japan
Hachiouji
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I would be surprised if Aldie saved information about the designers of all microbadges. If he didn't this would be a lot of work...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I wish this were a reality. I have made a dozen or two and it would be nice to get a tip of the hat. But I have done all of them for fun and not to gain esteem.

However, what would be even nicer is to get some GG for our services. Again, I do this for fun, not the money. But having made so many, I have only been able to buy ONE(!) of my own designs so far. Other things I want to get first (the regular badges) but then I have a wishlist of MBs that I want.

I wish there was someway that we as designers could get some compensation. Here were a few of mideas:
1) We get X gg (say 1.0) for every MB that is accepted - unfortunately, that would promote people dumping tons of MBs on the scene that may or may not be good
1b) MBs would be GeekModded like everything else; if they are accepted, you can get between 1 and 3 gg from the community
2) We get a discount on purchasing our own MBs - say they cost only 5gg each for us - Then we could get 3 of our own for the price of 1
3) This latest one seemed the best and would help promote "useful" badges (though probably the most difficult to implement): - Whenever anyone purchases a MB we designed, we get a commission of 1 or 2 GG. That way the more popular your design was, the more you get compensated. And if you only made one for yourself - you get your own MB but no reimbursement to go with it.

But if not, I will continue to make MBs of my favorite games that are not represented, or poorly represented. Everyonce in a while, I go back and look up my designs and see who purchased them ever longing to have that particular design under my own avatar someday....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oskari
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BrianMola wrote:
2) We get a discount on purchasing our own MBs - say they cost only 5gg each for us - Then we could get 3 of our own for the price of 1

Aldie has said earlier that he would like to give the badges to their designers for free. Actually, he has already done so at least once, since I was granted my HeroScape dice at the same time they were made available. For this, I am very grateful, since it feels quite awkward to spend heaps of for buying badges you made yourself. And I've done that several times already

Anyhow, as long as Aldie has to copy and install the dozens or hundreds of new badges manually, we'll just have to wait patiently until a more automatic badge submission system magically appears.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Bohrer
United States
Hereford
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait a sec...you got yours for free?

Grump.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
gbohrer wrote:

Grump.

My sentiments exactly - lol - I never got any free badges!

If Aldie is watching - here is my request from the groups I have made:

BattleLore:

Carcassonne:

Football:

War of the Ring:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lajos
Japan
Hachiouji
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I made several microbadges I don't want to have at all. These were for games that are rated very highly and, therefore, in my opinion deseverded microbadges. I don't even like some of the games I designed badges for and some others I don't know (and am not interested in either).
If there would be any reward for designing microbadges, I could think of only one option that is fair (IMO) and workable and that deals with some of the problems mentioned above: give a microbadge designer 0.01 geekgold for every user that buys one of his microbadges. In this case the best badges are rewarded the most and there is no reward for uploading tons of badges. (I realise, I wouldn'y make much GG in this system, because I made badges for niche games mostly, but I don't care, I don't make'm for GG, but for fun.)

Actually, the only badge I designed and own is the currently misnamed scissors badge (it should be DIY / PNP fan, not just DIY).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Bohrer
United States
Hereford
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I doubt we'll see a lot of free MB awards...one of the primary objectives of the microbadge system is to reduce the amount of GG in circulation, after all. But maybe the one penny comission would work? Not that it matters. As far as credit how about "Created By:" on the search page?

Edit: How about this?

- Microbadge Designer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oskari
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gbohrer wrote:

laugh Just those two dice.

I have made 24 microbadges now, bought three of those 24, and I still want to buy 12 more. I'm never gonna get that much GeekGold, so I guess I'll just keep on drawing new ones and listing them on my profile page, just for the fun of it

Anyhow, Aldie seems to have added quite a lot of new microbadges now. I especially like the

gbohrer wrote:
- Microbadge Designer

If this could be linked to a list of microbadges the user has created, now that would really rock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
gbohrer wrote:
I doubt we'll see a lot of free MB awards...one of the primary objectives of the microbadge system is to reduce the amount of GG in circulation, after all. But maybe the one penny comission would work? Not that it matters. As far as credit how about "Created By:" on the search page?

Edit: How about this?

- Microbadge Designer

That would be a neat idea. Anyone who has created MBs gets it for free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lajos
Japan
Hachiouji
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
oskari wrote:
gbohrer wrote:
- Microbadge Designer

If this could be linked to a list of microbadges the user has created, now that would really rock.

I like this idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lajos
Japan
Hachiouji
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
oskari wrote:
Anyhow, Aldie seems to have added quite a lot of new microbadges now. I especially like the

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I whipped up a microbadge once and posted it asking for improvement ideas. About a month later I suddenly saw someone wearing it. The surprise of finding out it was added to the MB database and that people were buying it was the best reward.

It would be cool if the MB designers were gifted their own design, but I'm fine just seeing it on others too until I can afford to buy it myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oskari wrote:
I guess I'll just keep on drawing new ones and listing them on my profile page, just for the fun of it

You know that's a great easy way to keep track! I'm gonna do the same to my profile page

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
I totally dropped the ball on this guys. I think Simon was keeping track of designers, but I failed to carry through with the credits.

Anyone have any good ideas on how I can fix this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Other than your trust in people who come forward to claim their own designs I have no idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zombiegod wrote:
Other than your trust in people who come forward to claim their own designs I have no idea.

From what I've seen, most ppl have made a forum post with the icons when presenting them to be used. That should be good enough proof for most of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've placed my measly set of Microbadge designs on my Profile page.

Does anyone know the HTML code to make them clickable?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
zombiegod wrote:
I've placed my measly set of Microbadge designs on my Profile page.

Does anyone know the HTML code to make them clickable?

No easy way. Go to Misc -> Find Users -> Microbadge User Search

Click on one and you will see the fan page.

We still have a few problems with "new" MB for existing categories not linking up. There is a renegade Carcassonne Badge floating out there. And last night, I just found out that the there are two sets of Struggles of Empire sets out there also. Might be a few more that need to be linked back together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.