Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Pell
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kismet is in the Ruins of Atlantis, on her Deranged Miscreant side. Phosphorescent Chamber is in play, increasing all damage by 1 and all healing by 1. We already know that damage of 0 can be increased by 1 (see Spite's Mind-Phyre or Sky-Scraper's Concussive Clap, for instance). So when Kismet regains "1 HP for each Lucky card in play" - having only two such cards in her deck which aren't One-Shots - does the Phosphorescent Chamber cause her to heal 1 HP even without them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariusz Kosecki
Poland
Elbląg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From a logical point of view, there is a difference between:
a) "Kismet regains 1 HP for each Lucky card in play" (X instances of +1 healing each)
and
b) "Kismet regains X HP, where X is the number of Lucky cards in play" (1 instance of +X healing)

Now, let's say that Phosphorescent Chamber is in play and:
1) No Lucky cards are in play:
1a) There are no instances of healing, so nothing is increased.
1b) There is an instance of +0 healing, so it's +1 instead.

2) 2 Lucky cards are in play:
1a) There are 2 instances of healing, both are increased, so it's +4 eventually.
1b) There is an instance of +2 healing, so it's +3 instead.

I think we are speaking about option a), not b) and this is how I would play it. So in your case, I would not perform any healing.

Are there any official rules' clarifications for this specific wording on Kismet character card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
dannte wrote:
From a logical point of view, there is a difference between:
a) "Kismet regains 1 HP for each Lucky card in play" (X instances of +1 healing each)
and
b) "Kismet regains X HP, where X is the number of Lucky cards in play" (1 instance of +X healing)

I think A is correct as well for what it's worth. But I don't have the cards in front of me to verify the exact wording of Kismet's card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff B.
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
A is correct.

With no lucky cards in play Kismet would not even regain 0hp, she would not regain HP, so there is nothing to increase.

If there were 2 in play, she would regain 1 for each card, and each would be increased, for 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Pell
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So you're saying she heals 1 HP 0 times, and thus can increase that gain all she wants without ever actually gaining any.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennison Milenkaya
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Works very much like Tempest's Vicious Cyclone, but for healing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.