Jay Tummelson
United States
Placitas
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not yet translated the rules as I just received the German rule file yesterday. I will begin work on it next week and expect to produce the game before the end of the year. After I have released the game, I will gladly email lthe rules to anyone who reqquests them via my email address.

Jay

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mrbass
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read a nice overview here.
http://www.naturelich.com/games/archives/2006/10/taluva.html

Only question I have in my mind is how do the volcanoes destroy, more specifically in which direction.

Quote:
* A volcano hex has to be placed on another volcano hex and may even be placed on top of multiple volcanos

* The volcanos may not face the same directions - in other words, an eruption has to be placed across two tiles

* Neither towers, nor temples may be covered by a tile

* It is forbidden to extinguish an entire settlement by an eruption, i.e. at least one building of a settlement has to stay intact). Note: a settlement is defined as all hex fields connected by buildings of the same player.

Eruption has to be placed across two tiles?

Quote:
Further down the road, players will note that well-placed temples have the power to block nasty volcano eruptions

How can a temple block an eruption?

Anyone who played Taluva at Essen can you chime in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emile de Maat
Netherlands
Hengelo
Overijssel
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbass wrote:

Yes. For a volcanic eruption, you place the tile in such a way that the volcano is on top of another volcano, and that the tile is places across two or three tiles.

mrbass wrote:
How can a temple block an eruption?

A temple may not be destroyed by an eruption, so a temple may block an eruption by merely being "in the way" (i.e. on a spot that would be covered by the eruption).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Andrews
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrBass,

When you cause an eruption, you lay a volcano tile so that the volcano hex covers a volcano hex of one of the tiles underneath.

How do volcanos destroy? Well, laying a tile destroys all huts underneath it (since it simulates that single volcano hex erupting and raising the land level). It doesn't destroy in any particular direction, it simply Pompeii's everything lying underneath.

However, this is where the "temple blocking eruptions" bit comes in. You can't place a tile on top of another if one of the hexes to be covered has a tower or temple on it. The placement is also illegal if doing so will completely destroy a settlement.

Quote:

Two or three. You can't place a tile completely atop a single tile (since then the volcanos would end up being aligned). Therefore, a tile will always overlap at least two tiles.

The PDF on the Hans im Glueck website has some good example pikkies on page 2: http://www.hans-im-glueck.de/downloads/taluva.pdf

EDIT: complete rewrite since I found that I was talking out of my bum and had been playing the game using rules that bore no resemblance to reality shake

(Thanks to Purple for showing me the light!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Jarzynka
Poland
Czestochowa
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
From the english rules:
Quote:
It is allowed to cover both your own and other player’s Huts. This can
result in Settlements being split in two. Covered huts are returned to
the box

What thas it mean? Do this covered huts return to box and are out of the game, or they must/can be build again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve+Jackie McKeogh
United Kingdom
Okehampton
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These huts are out of the game. They cannot be used again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.