Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Builder
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this game have the issue with oil or wax covering the cards like in Towers of Ruin?

I really enjoyed my play with ToR but I just can't play it anymore because touching the cards feels uncomfortable to me. I would love to know which sets do not suffer from this issue so I could buy those.

Except for a few threads in the Tor forums, no one has ever mentioned this issue with any of the other sets. Is that because the problem is restricted to ToR or did people get used to it or not care to discuss it anymore?

Can someone who owns multiple sets comment on this please? Knowing there is a game I enjoy but I can't play because of this component issue makes me sad. Please help me find which sets do not have this issue so I can buy them. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm unaware of this issue and I own TOR, starter set and WC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bailey
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abodi wrote:
I'm unaware of this issue and I own TOR, starter set and WC

Likwise; I own two sets of ToR (one was a replacement from AEG for missing cards), CoB, and the Starter, and have never noticed any of them having any kind of residue. Looking through the forum I only see one post about the issue since June 2012, so I think it's safe to assume the problem has been addressed by AEG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Desrochers
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since december 2014, I've bought Tower of ruin, Cavern of bane, Root of Corruption and Worlds Collide and I have no issue with wax.

Just my Charm of Venery cards that where discolored but they were quickly replaced by AEG.

So you can buy safely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArrBeeDee Dial
United States
Lexington Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
I am working on overcoming my AP. Here is my 'to do' plan ...so far: 1).
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep my cards sleeved so I don't touch them and I like the security of not having wear marks.

Many chemical smells are volitle chemicals - cleaners, inks, or stabilizers. You could leave the box open in a "safe area" for "a few days" and it might be manageable. If the cards are sleeved, can you put them in a good-box?

I enjoy T:A and feel sorry for your inability to enjoy the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.