Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Feel free to PM if I missed something. Thank you!

ERRATA

-FIXED SPELL TEXT FOR 3 SPELLS:

Past Power - Action: Cast one of your regular Action Spells at a level less than the highest level you've researched. Do not pay any additional mana or exhaust it.

Eternal Power - Action: Cast one of your regular Action Spells of any level (it need not even be researched). Do not pay any additional mana or exhaust it.

Inversion - Action: All of your placed Mages move to the Shadow position if able. For the rest of the round, you must Shadow opponents or empty slots.

-The wrong graphic is used on the 3rd slot of Astronomy Tower Side A. It should cost 4 gold to move the marker, not 3. The text is correct, but the graphic is wrong.

TYPOS

-The spell Celerity says "any mage" but it should say "a mage". It is only meant to be used with your own mages.

-On the Room Clarifications Page, the explanation for Adventuring Side A belongs with Adventuring Side B and vice-versa.

-On the Gray Mage Side A card it says you may only play a Gray mage the first time you cast a spell on your turn. This is incorrect. As per the rulebook, any time you cast an Action spell (never a Fast Action or Reaction Spell), you may place a Gray mage (side A).

-On Page 8, it should say stack the markers in reverse clockwise player order.

-Page 9 references a "3+" Bell Tower card, but no such card exists. It should also clarify that 3 Bell Tower cards are used in a two player game despite the normal convention of the number of Bell Tower cards equaling the number of players.

-Page 12 says to put the badge into the stand when placing a mage, but really this should only be done when the mage is drafted or if the badge falls out.

-Page 12 of rulebook, at the end of "Shadow Slot" section, it should say "Shadow Slot" instead of "Shadow Merit Slot".

-Page 14 room resolution should read "resolve rooms left to right and top to bottom, but resolve the slots within the rooms from top to bottom".

-Page 15 says "Mages will remain in the Infirmary unless healed or banished by a Spell or special effect." It should say "Mages will remain in the Infirmary for the rest of the round unless healed or banished by a Spell or special effect." The way it is currently written some players interpret it to mean mages stay in the Infirmary even during the Resolution phase, but this is incorrect. All mages return to the Office during Resolution.

-Page 16 Shadowing should be reworded slightly. The shadowing mage does not need to copy the action of the mage they are shadowing, but may take any action the slot allows.

FAQ

-The setup says you cannot mark a voter that another player marks. Can you mark a voter other players have marked during the game? Certainly! Just not during the setup.

-Do mages in the Infirmary return to you during the Resolution? Yes, all mages return to your office during the Resolution phase. They receive their Sympathy Bonus when sent to the Infirmary, so these mages are already "resolved" and all mages return to you in Resolution once resolved.

-If a Consortium Voter is looking for the most of X, but no player has any X, who wins that Voter? No one, that Voter abstains.

-Do WIS/INT on your Spells still count as yours for purposes of Voters and other effects? Yes. Things that key off of INT/WIS also count the ones you've placed on your Spells via Research.

-Can players draft neutral mages during the draft? Technically yes, but there is no reason to unless an expert player wants to handicap themselves on purpose.

-Can players draft the Archmage's Apprentice during the draft at the beginning of the game? Or obtain him by some other means other than the Archmage's Study? Definitely not. Nice try, though!

-Can you Banish and Wound your own mages? Yes, unless the card says to do it to "an opponent's mage".

-Can you Heal an opponent's mage? If you want to, for some nefarious reason.

-In the Astronomy Tower do you HAVE to pay to move the marker? Yes. You cannot take the action the marker is on for free. Exception: On Side B if it reaches the end of the track you may take that reward.

-Can you have more than 2 neutral mages? Yes, since they have no power associated with them you may have more than two (usually this would only happen if a player playing a neutral character buys a neutral mage).

-If I use a Supporter that gives me a colored mage, but I already have two of that color or there are no more mages of that color, what happens? You would receive a neutral mage instead. If there are no more neutral mages, you cannot receive a mage from this Supporter.

-Can I banish/wound/move my own Shadowing mage? Not unless the thing you are using specifically lets you target a Shadowing mage. They are off limits except for things which directly target Shadowing mages.

-Can things that “refresh” refresh themselves? No, this could lead to an infinite loop in some cases.

-If determining the Most Influence or Supporter voter was determined by a tie, how would you evaluate the "Second-most" Influence or Supporter voter? The player who was tied but did not win Most would win Second-most.

-Does "adjacent" include diagonal rooms? No, orthogonal only.

-When should the face-up Spell/Vault cards be refreshed? As soon as one is drafted/bought, thus the new card is available for any additional research/purchases/drafts that is part of the same action.

-When taking a Bell Tower card, can you take any available? Yes, the Bell Tower cards should always be face-up, and you can take any that haven't yet been selected that round. The rules do not mention this, but it is implied by the setup picture showing the Bell Tower cards face-up next to the rooms.

-If I react to being Wounded in a way that saves me from going to the Infirmary, do I still get the Infirmary bonus too? No. Your benefit is not having to go to the Infirmary.

-If using the B Side Mystic (Gray) Mage power to reduce mana cost for a spell, it says it is reduced to a minimum of one. Can I use other things (i.e. Inner Fire) to reduce the spell cost to zero mana? Yes. As long as Mysticism mages aren't the only thing providing the discount.

-Can temporary mages ever become permanent or vice-versa? (Examples: Possession, Archmage's Study) No, temporary mages must remain temporary, permanent must remain permanent. If you swap their colors, that is fine, but their permanent/temporary nature cannot change.

-Will moving within a room, moving in from outside of the room, or sliding into the Shadow slot of an Instant room re-trigger its reward? No, but placing directly into the Shadow slot from outside of the room will. Movement effects of any kind never trigger instant rewards.

-If I take a Bell Tower card but I don't want to or cannot make use of it, what happens? Nothing, but it still counts towards ending the round. Using the card is not mandatory, it is meant to be a benefit to you.

-Could you explain the timings of Spells and Reactions such as Ancient Armor? And how do Gray Side A mages factor in? Spell is cast (resolve all effects including any mages placed by the spell) -> Reactions are allowed to be played (in turn order, if multiple Reactions are taken) -> A Gray mage (side A) may be placed by the caster.

-Can you steal the Archmage's Apprentice if someone already has it? No, they keep it for the full round.

-Can you go through a player's discard pile to look at their card backs and count their number of Vault and Supporter cards? Not unless you are playing with the Open Discard rule (see page 5 of the rulebook), in which case you can not only know how many, but what type they are as all but their Secret Supporters will be face-up for you to look at. Secret Supporters may never be looked at or counted. They're secret.

-Should the 2nd Most voters (2nd Most Supporters and 2nd Most Influence) be removed from a 2-player game? And is it possible for a player to win both?Yes they should be removed in a 2-player game. A player may NEVER win both 1st and 2nd in Supporters or Influence.

-When you choose the color of the wild Supporter at the end of the game, must you do this before other players reveal how many voters they have of that color in their discard piles? Yes. It's basically the first thing that must happen before any voters or discard piles are revealed.

-If I cast Repeating Hex but I have upgraded that spell, what happens to my WIS tokens when I swap it? The player that cast Repeating Hex keeps their WIS tokens, but loses the research (so the WIS returns to their Office, but can be spent later).

-Can I Shadow an empty slot or my own mage with the Shadow potion? No, it does not specify that you may do this, so it is bound by the rule of only being able to Shadow an opponent's mage unless otherwise specified.

-If one has a card that allows one to react and go to the Shadow spot after being banished/wounded/etc, what happens if that shadow spot is already occupied? You must suffer the consequence (banish/wound/move) because there is no longer a place for you to Shadow. You do not push the previous occupant out.

-If I am at my 7 Mage limit, but I gain another mage, can I swap it out with one of my current Mages? Yes, as long as it doesn't put you over the limit of 2 per color.

Question about Mancers? Please go here: Mancers Official FAQ/Typos/Errata
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Griffard
United States
Meridian
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Resolution Phase paragraph on page 14 of the rulebook needs to be looked at. Start in the top left and go left? Huh? And it should say slots in rooms resolve top to bottom.

Some rewording on Shadowing on page 16 would be helpful. It makes it sound like shadowing mages have to copy the action the non-shadow takes, when it's my understanding they can choose for themselves how to resolve the slot.

A definition of "adjacent" would help. Does it include or exclude diagonals?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HyperionHuxley wrote:
The Resolution Phase paragraph on page 14 of the rulebook needs to be looked at. Start in the top left and go left? Huh? And it should say slots in rooms resolve top to bottom.

Some rewording on Shadowing on page 16 would be helpful. It makes it sound like shadowing mages have to copy the action the non-shadow takes, when it's my understanding they can choose for themselves how to resolve the slot.

A definition of "adjacent" would help. Does it include or exclude diagonals?

Added, thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aldo Ghiozzi
United States
Brentwood
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I can't find if this has been answered somewhere else (but your above answered everything else!)...I'm guessing that my *yellow* mage figures in my game are meant to be the "beige" explained in the rules as the neutral mages mostly related to Trias, right?

Best,
Aldo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wingnut wrote:
I can't find if this has been answered somewhere else (but your above answered everything else!)...I'm guessing that my *yellow* mage figures in my game are meant to be the "beige" explained in the rules as the neutral mages mostly related to Trias, right?

Best,
Aldo

Yes. They are referred to as "beige" somewhere?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lior Kiperman
Israel
Ramat Gan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
ERRATA

-The Eternal Power spell needs to be change to cost 2 mana instead of 7.

-The wrong graphic is used on the 3rd slot of Astronomy Tower Side A. It should cost 4 gold to move the marker, not 3. The text is correct, but the graphic is wrong.
I have already preordered the game and expansion. Will future versions of the game and/or future expansions get these fixed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HealingAura wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
ERRATA

I have already preordered the game and expansion. Will future versions of the game and/or future expansions get these fixed?

I'm sure it will be fixed IF we make it to reprinting, but that will be many months from now before that ever happens, and it might not happen at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
HealingAura wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
ERRATA

I'm sure it will be fixed IF we make it to reprinting, but that will be many months from now before that ever happens, and it might not happen at all.

I hope it does great! I would love to see some of the extras promised in the acceptance letter. any hints at where your mind is on those?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksandar Licul
Austria
Krems an der Donau
Niederösterreich
flag msg tools
Hmm...
How come such "huge" errors slipped through?
Like:
"-The Eternal Power spell needs to be change to cost 2 mana instead of 7.

"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Uhr78 wrote:
Hmm...
Like:

"

Those are more typos than anything. "Huge" errors like that are found in pretty much every game I own. Some have glaring errors even if they are in their 2nd editions and beyond.

We really did our best, but in a game with this much "stuff" some errors were bound to get through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
randall fischer

Warren
Michigan
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can we get some officially designed stickers, that we can print out, to put on the cards or something that correct this? thats a pretty reasonable fix.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ChaplainCassius wrote:
Can we get some officially designed stickers, that we can print out, to put on the cards or something that correct this? thats a pretty reasonable fix.

This
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Champie
United States
Eureka
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't really call two numbers being wrong "huge" given the sheer amount of texts, costs, and effects present on so many cards.

The rule book does call the yellow mages "beige."

We had a question about drafting/buying. There is reminder text in the drafting section that the Vault and Spells constantly refresh as they are drafted. Does this also apply to Buying from the Vault or did we just miss that rule? It came up on Student Stores. If I get 3 Buys from there, do I buy one, replace it, repeat 3 times, or just buy all 3 cards and refresh it once?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scuzball wrote:
If I get 3 Buys from there, do I buy one, replace it, repeat 3 times, or just buy all 3 cards and refresh it once?

Replace after each purchase. I will add it to the list, thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksandar Licul
Austria
Krems an der Donau
Niederösterreich
flag msg tools
Yeah that what those quote marks (") are for...

Shampoo4you wrote:
Uhr78 wrote:
Hmm...
Like:

"

Those are more typos than anything. "Huge" errors like that are found in pretty much every game I own. Some have glaring errors even if they are in their 2nd editions and beyond.

We really did our best, but in a game with this much "stuff" some errors were bound to get through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Uhr78 wrote:
Yeah that what those quote marks (") are for...

Shampoo4you wrote:
Uhr78 wrote:
Hmm...
Like:

"

Oh lol! didn't notice the sarcasm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Miller
United States
Westminster
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clarification: The Summer Break supporters are discarded on use; it doesn't specify to the personal discard, so I read this as going back to the bottom of the deck. Correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nikisknight wrote:
Clarification: The Summer Break supporters are discarded on use; it doesn't specify to the personal discard, so I read this as going back to the bottom of the deck. Correct?

No, all Supporters go to your personal discard after use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI all, I went back through my notes and figured out what was wrong with Past Power/Eternal Power. They were actually intended to affect the exhaust function. Past Power lets you cast an already exhausted spell. Eternal Power lets you cast a spell without exhausting it. These are powerful abilities indeed. Somehow they got left off of the card.

Eternal Power SHOULD cost 7 mana because it is so powerful, my previous fix for the card was incorrect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Miller
United States
Westminster
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, that makes them a lot more desirable, of course, and also more in line with the others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ahnger-Pier
United States
Norwood
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
-Do mages in the Infirmary return to you during the Resolution? Yes, all mages return to your office during the Resolution phase.

Wow, really? That is not how I interperated the rules, and that majorly changes the game. Did I miss something in the rulebook that makes that clear?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paine wrote:
-Do mages in the Infirmary return to you during the Resolution? Yes, all mages return to your office during the Resolution phase.

Wow, really? That is not how I interperated the rules, and that majorly changes the game. Did I miss something in the rulebook that makes that clear?

Unfortunately no. The exact quote for the Resolution phase is, "When a Mage is resolved, remove that Mage from the room and place him back into his owner's office." Wounded mages resolve immediately when sent to the Infirmary, so they have already fulfilled this step, just like other Instant rooms.

In other words, for Resolution purposes, you resolve the Infirmary like other rooms which give you an immediate benefit for placing there. If the Infirmary was special and "trapped" your mages until you found some way to heal them, we definitely would have mentioned that in the rules since that is a major detail.

The wording in the Wounding section seems to be the source of this confusion since it says "Mages will remain in the Infirmary unless healed or banished by a Spell or special effect." It should say "Mages will remain in the Infirmary for the rest of the round unless healed or banished by a Spell or special effect." Then there would be no confusion.

It honestly never crossed my mind that people might assume mages stayed in the Infirmary. Healing spells are not common enough to be a reliable way to save your mages if that was the only way to retrieve them. If a player had all 5 of their mages in the Infirmary and no way to get them out, what then? They would pretty much be eliminated!

It was clearly an oversight, and despite having many, many people proof the rulebook apparently did not catch all of the errors and omissions, unfortunately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T S

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
mbmb
This came up in a game we played, and we weren't sure the answer.

Player A shadows Player B's mage. Player B's mage is then wounded, leaving an open space. Can Player A then place their own mage into the now open spot? Normally you can't shadow your own mage, but we weren't sure if that rule only applies when you are placing the shadowing mage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
natureslayer wrote:
This came up in a game we played, and we weren't sure the answer.

Player A shadows Player B's mage. Player B's mage is then wounded, leaving an open space. Can Player A then place their own mage into the now open spot? Normally you can't shadow your own mage, but we weren't sure if that rule only applies when you are placing the shadowing mage.

Right, it's not retroactive. Your mage would stay in the shadow slot, and you'd be free to take the normal slot. Then you get BOTH benefits!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Morton
msg tools
Shampoo4you wrote:
It honestly never crossed my mind that people might assume mages stayed in the Infirmary. Healing spells are not common enough to be a reliable way to save your mages if that was the only way to retrieve them. If a player had all 5 of their mages in the Infirmary and no way to get them out, what then? They would pretty much be eliminated!

It was clearly an oversight, and despite having many, many people proof the rulebook apparently did not catch all of the errors and omissions, unfortunately.
*cough*

Quote:
The wording in the Wounding section seems to be the source of this confusion since it says "Mages will remain in the Infirmary unless healed or banished by a Spell or special effect." It should say "Mages will remain in the Infirmary for the rest of the round unless healed or banished by a Spell or special effect." Then there would be no confusion.
Actually, I think then you'd still have this and this, where people interpret that "movement" can't move wounded mages because it wasn't called out like Healing and Banishing was.

I don't see what that whole line is trying to do. It seems like the Infirmary just works like any other instant-speed room, except "Healing" is like an Infirmary-specific Banish (or an Infirmary-specific Move, in some cases), you can't place there directly, and the "wound" effect sends mages there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] |