Subject: Fiji English Rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Jennings
Austria
St Wolfgang
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone got the english rules or know where they can be found, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Tummelson
United States
Placitas
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I can make the rules available to you in English, but I wonder why you would want or need them. The game was just released at Essen in both English and German versions at the same time and price. The games were sold at stands less than 100 meters from each other. If you mistakenly bought a German version, I would gladly trade you an English version for it and give your game back to FF.

Jay

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Obviously, he was looking to read the rules before buying the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Tummelson
United States
Placitas
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
How silly of me - of course - I did not even think of that as the game is still a few weeks from making it to the US. Thanks for your clarification.

Jay

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry. I wasn't sure if you were being sarcastic 0, 1 or 2 times. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Pritchard
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I got this game demoed to me on the Rio Grande stall and bought it at 7:30 on friday night as we were being shooed out of the building...

Didn't check the language though and picked up a german version. I think I rememebr how to play from the explanation but I don't know how long my memory will last.
I'd have swapped it at the show but I didn't realise until we got home just now.

If someone could post the rules in english I'd appreciate it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Jennings
Austria
St Wolfgang
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that's exactly what I did, bought the German version by mistake. And I feel a bit of a div now, knowing they were selling the english version. Doh! So if anyone can post them I would be grateful too.

blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel T. Georges
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
Well - I, for one, would love to read the rules before buying the game.

Btw - I did not buy the German version:-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Jans
Belgium
Ham
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the German version as well, didn't even notice there was an English version. Rules would be very nice. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Johnson
United States
Boonville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if Jay is going to reply or not, but RGG doesn't want their rules posted online, so you won't find scans of their rules on BGG, although for some games there are player made/updated rules books available. So if you want the English rulebook, it looks like you'll either have to buy the game or trade Jay your German copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/1114364

Quote:
It was my reaction (perhaps over-reaction) to some Brits openly bragging online that they were buying German versions of my games cheaply and then downloading English rules from my site for free.

My new website will once again offer rules for download as I have more loyal lcustomers who want them than I have disloyal customers using them to get cheap non-English versions of my games. I should have done this long ago, but have now decided to wait for the new web site design.

Jay

jay said that after you wondered aloud in another thread why he wouldn't make rules available online. time to find a new hobby, iceman

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Clarke
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like I'm in the same boat. I bought the game from the 2F stand at Essen (I like to support the designer/publisher), I didn't realise that there wouldn't be English rules in the box, after all the components don't have any text on, so I figured (wrongly) that the english rules would be in the box. I also fell foul of the same problem with the new Powergrid map.

I'm a little confused as to why some games have multi language rules and others don't. I bought Hermagor from the 'Mind the Move' stand and that did have multi language rules, and it's a Rio Grande game as well.

I wasn't out to scam anyone, after all it was all the same price.

Garry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Spada
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
riogames wrote:
I can make the rules available to you in English, but I wonder why you would want or need them. The game was just released at Essen in both English and German versions at the same time and price. The games were sold at stands less than 100 meters from each other. If you mistakenly bought a German version, I would gladly trade you an English version for it and give your game back to FF.
Jay

I did the same mistake and bought the german version, thinking both rules will be in the box during Essen.
And i didn't notice this before coming back home
So i'm looking for the english rules too and a way to get a missing yellow stone from my box (seem that a packaging error happens too).

How can i do for both issues ?
Thanks.
Regards.
Christophe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Johnson
United States
Boonville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
astroglide wrote:

Quote:
It was my reaction (perhaps over-reaction) to some Brits openly bragging online that they were buying German versions of my games cheaply and then downloading English rules from my site for free.

My new website will once again offer rules for download as I have more loyal lcustomers who want them than I have disloyal customers using them to get cheap non-English versions of my games. I should have done this long ago, but have now decided to wait for the new web site design.

Jay

jay said that after you wondered aloud in another thread why he wouldn't make rules available online. time to find a new hobby, iceman

I didn't say I agreed with RGG's policy, but the rules are Jay's property and he has the right to do as he pleases with them. I was merely informing the OP that he shouldn't hold his breath for a rules post for this game, at least not a scan of the RGG rules. Time to get off your high horse, astroglide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IcemanCU wrote:
I didn't say I agreed with RGG's policy, but the rules are Jay's property and he has the right to do as he pleases with them. I was merely informing the OP that he shouldn't hold his breath for a rules post for this game, at least not a scan of the RGG rules. Time to get off your high horse, astroglide.

heh, what? rgg's policy has changed, and rules will be posted on the rgg web site. re-read my post dude, including the quote (from jay) and link.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Groves
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
astroglide wrote:

Quote:

Jay

This is very good to hear. Cheers, Jay. Almost all my purchasing of games is done via the internet without seeing a game. Reading the rules is my favourite way of getting to know a game and then I use reviews to get a feel for the flow. Although I'm pretty much sold on this one because of designer and shrunken heads.

And yes, I have bought some copies of German games because they are not available in English or just because they were incredibly cheap at the site I was ordering from. Obviously, I still prefer games with rules I understand so posting rules online will not cost Jay any of my money (probably just stoke the consumer fire further).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jobcat

Unspecified
msg tools
can anyone post the english rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cox
United Kingdom
Horsham
W.Sussex
flag msg tools
I posted a translation of the rules for 3-5 last Tuesday, but no sign of it yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Jennings
Austria
St Wolfgang
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Fiji Rules
OK, what's hold up then???yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Jennings
Austria
St Wolfgang
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If Steve Cox posted the English rules on the 14th Nov, I reckon they've been blocked by someone. Any comment anyone????

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
For some background on how file submissions are dealt with: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/136408

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.