Chile
Puerto Montt
Chile
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules:
Quote:
Once Phase 3 has begun, a 5-Share Corporation that has operated at least once may be converted to a 10-Share Corporation at the beginning of the Corporation’s turn in the Operating Round. To convert a Corporation, the player takes the five shares that were previously face down in the Bank and turns them right side up. The Bank then pays the newly upgraded 10-Share Corporation five times its Current Market Value.

If I am the President and I have the President Certificate in a 5-share Corporation (40%), plus 1 share (20%)...after this transformation, I'll remain with only the 30% of the company (because the new value of my Certificates are 20% and 10% respectively) or I'll receive more certificates until my 60%, for a total of 5 certificates?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Your holdings get diluted to 30% as you note. You will need to buy more shares to increase your holdings in the company.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Aguila
Chile
Puerto Montt
Chile
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, and...with only the 30% of a corporation in the market, after this situation I have described, could operate? It is possible to be considered that it "floats"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Mario. The company has already floated, so it can operate still. And note that if it has operated at least once already as a 5-share company, as per 7.1 it will receive further capitalization when converted (5x issue price).

Good luck.

Ricky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hecht
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
All responses correct, and--as an added thought--the reason it is required to operate once before converting (unless a 5-train is bought, of course) is to avoid having players leverage 10x capital with only 3x cash...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.