7 Posts

Valor & Victory» Forums » Rules

Subject: LOS CC Way rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I know the rules state that if a LOS passes between two buildings the shot would be blocked, however I'm considering using a more realistic LOS option ala Combat Commander.

The same shot would then be clear for me barring any hindrances of course, but would this make the current maps unbalanced for Valor & Victory? I realise Barry was keeping things simple regarding LOS etc., but this is one area of the game that I find a little strange coming from CC.

Anyway I hope the game continues to grow in popularity and I will definitely buy any new modules that get released along the way. Also a man needs his Tank fix from somewhere, as CC ain't got em as yet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

So you're talking about using the actual perimeters of the buildings to determine Line of Sight instead of the whole hexes involved?

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
If the LOS is clear i.e. not touching any building depiction or hindrance in hex, yes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure about map balance, but this would add too much fiddliness for my taste. But if you do it, report back

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Gresik
United States
Bolingbrook
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I think another thing to keep in mind is that the maps are supposed to represent general ideas - not specific locations. So while what the OP suggests certainly has merit, I also see what Joe is saying. That is, it complicates things a little more when there really isn't a need to do so - as the maps I believe were designed to be a bit more "abstract" than specific (or at least that specific).

But I can certainly understand the desire for accuracy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I use it in ASL and it's not any more difficult. In some ways it's easier because there's exactly one rule. But it does open up a lot of shots you wouldn't normally have. Makes it harder to approach the enemy.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Pacitto
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I agree. It's something I feel is better/ correct and it's easy
to apply.

I don't like how mortars/ arty. can be called in by any unit
with LOS, so I made radios and use them to call it in. Or
we only let "leaders" call it in.

Love house rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.