Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamin von Allmen
Switzerland
Zuchwil
Zuchwil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello.
i have played my second game of rune age and i ask myself if we play that corectly:

we played one vs one (think its called runewar or so in english). so the other player was the starting player.
we draw both 5 cards. he make an attack of 2 and i defend that with 2 1-cards. he draws 5 and then it was my turn.

i start with 3 cards (because i defend 2 on his turn). i make an attack of 2, he defend with 2 1-cards. he has now 3 cards like me.

i think he must start with 3 like me BUT now is EVENT-PHASE.
the event happens, we both take cards up to 5.

so he's never in the situation to not having less than 5 cards when he starts his turn, because before that happens is the event-phase.

is that right? and when, then i think its heavily unbalanced! or did i didnt understand something in the rules?

sorry for my bad english, i'm better in listening english than writing

best regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You did play something wrong.
Everyone draws up to five cards at the end of everyone's turn (and after event phase). Basically, unless a card alters it, you should always start with 5 cards at the beginning of every turn.

We played exactly this wrong on the first play and decided this made up for the cool cards the second player got from the event deck, but were proved wrong once I read the rules a second time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin von Allmen
Switzerland
Zuchwil
Zuchwil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hm. but when a player attacks another, then he must play cards from his hand to defend...? so you play cards on the opponents turn to defend and then you have less than 5 cards at the start

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro F
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When another player attacks you, you use cards from your hand. When the turn of that player ends, EVERYONE draws cards until they have 5. When the event turn ends, everyone draw until five too.

You are playing with 2 players, imagine if that were a 4 player game. The first player would have no unit cards in his hand at the start of most turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin von Allmen
Switzerland
Zuchwil
Zuchwil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lol, ok youre right.
thanks a lot, both of you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I made this mistake in my first "Runewars" scenario play too! I was the second of two players, and the first (my 10-year-old daughter) absolutely demolished me!

shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.