Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: Starships you're still hoping to see... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a devoted Klingon player, Im super excited to see the Pagh (K'vort-class Bird-of-Prey) coming out in the next OP, another K'vort in the Q-Continuum campaign, the Ning'tao (B'Rel) in May, and the T'Ong (K'Tinga) coming out in August. Four new Klingon ships!

However, I'm still hoping for these:

Hegh'ta - Kurn's K'vort-class Bird-of-Prey

Rotarran - Martok's Bird-of-Prey seen in about two dozen DS9 episodes

Vorn - Duras' Bird-of-Prey seen when K'mpec died

Duros' sister's D12-class Bird-of-Prey seen in "Star Trek: Generations"

Klaa's Bird-of-Prey seen in "Star Trek: The Final Frontier"

Kruge's Bird-of-Prey seen in "Star Trek: The Search for Spock"

Kang's Bird-of-Prey seen in the DS9 episode "Blood Oath"

Bortas - Gowron's Vor'cha

Drovana - the Vor'cha deploying cloaked mines in DS9's "Sons of Mogh"

Amar - the K't'inga destroyed by V'Ger in "ST: The Motion Picture"

D5-class battles cruisers from the Enterprise series

the 22nd Century Klingon Birds-of-Prey also from the Enterprise series

So, yeah, there are a lot of Klingon starships that I'm hoping to see!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
I want my entire Xindi faction. 5 ship classes (one for each species) and you could easily get up to 10 unique ships without much stretching. Roll a 3 month story arc with the Xindi superweapon as the prize ship.

I still want my Genesis Device torpedo weapon that puts a planet on the map after being fired. I also want that planet to roll at beginning of the turn like it has Warp Core Breach and explode like it has I Stab at Thee on a crit result. But noOOoo, I got 4SP torpedoes instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shrike
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
What do you expect to find behind here, King Kong?
mbmbmbmbmb
Church14 wrote:
I want my entire Xindi faction. 5 ship classes (one for each species) and you could easily get up to 10 unique ships without much stretching. Roll a 3 month story arc with the Xindi superweapon as the prize ship.

I still want my Genesis Device torpedo weapon that puts a planet on the map after being fired. I also want that planet to roll at beginning of the turn like it has Warp Core Breach and explode like it has I Stab at Thee on a crit result. But noOOoo, I got 4SP torpedoes instead.

Yes! Xindi!

Also, HMS Bounty!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These guys - the Bird of Preys that were always seen in flights of three during the Klingon battles around DS9...

...tell me those wouldn't be *perfect* fighters for the Klinks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XanderF wrote:
These guys - the Bird of Preys that were always seen in flights of three during the Klingon battles around DS9...

Those are To'Duj Fighters, not Birds of Prey. They look very similar but only had a crew of 2 and were more along the lines of a Peregrine Fighter.

I would still like to see the Galaxy Dreadnought Refit from "All Good Things"

I agree with the request for Xindi ships as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ender02 wrote:
XanderF wrote:

Those are To'Duj Fighters, not Birds of Prey. They look very similar but only had a crew of 2 and were more along the lines of a Peregrine Fighter.

I'm sure that in DS9, those were intended to be birds of prey, as the alternative was not hinted at or referenced in any on-screen canon.

That said, birds of prey would not be a good fighter for the Klingons. They are portrayed in the game as being equal to many other ships as a single ship, and in the show they are shown to be bigger/stronger/more menacing than actual fighters (such as the Peregrines or the Scorpions -- yes, even the B'rel).

The only canon option Klingons really have for fighters show up in, I believe, Into Darkness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Said it before, and will say it again:

Romulan Scorpion Fighters!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Holsclaw
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still want to see:

Kumari (Shran's ship)
Enterprises A-C (Garrett deserves a really good card)
Xindi ships (I'd be totally okay with a full Xindi faction--they showed up way more often than 8472, for instance)
HMS Bounty
All the Klingon ships that Steve already mentioned

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yourmonkey06 wrote:
Ender02 wrote:
XanderF wrote:

I'm sure that in DS9, those were intended to be birds of prey, as the alternative was not hinted at or referenced in any on-screen canon.

That said, birds of prey would not be a good fighter for the Klingons. They are portrayed in the game as being equal to many other ships as a single ship, and in the show they are shown to be bigger/stronger/more menacing than actual fighters (such as the Peregrines or the Scorpions -- yes, even the B'rel).

The only canon option Klingons really have for fighters show up in, I believe, Into Darkness.

When was the last time you watched the 'Way of the Warrior'?

Those little things were popping like bubbles, DS9 pretty much sneezed at them and they'd explode.

But they did always fly in flights of 3, and as you can see on-screen, the Vor'chas absolutely dwarfed them.

A very, very tiny Bird of Prey, indeed. And the way they were used and the way they died, IMHO, they fit rather perfectly with the STAW concept of a 'fighter' flight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Those little things were popping like bubbles, DS9 pretty much sneezed at them and they'd explode.

But they did always fly in flights of 3, and as you can see on-screen, the Vor'chas absolutely dwarfed them.

A very, very tiny Bird of Prey, indeed. And the way they were used and the way they died, IMHO, they fit rather perfectly with the STAW concept of a 'fighter' flight.

More recently than you would think. Everything blows up instantly in DS9 pretty much. Its all dramatic effect. One shot takes out a Vor'cha on several occasions.

But they are portrayed nothing like the Peregrines in game or in the show. They aren't fighters. They are small warships like the Defiant. They're in a similar size range to the Defiant as well (though the size of the Defiant varies a bit later on). "Small" but not really small. We're still talking 100m here. That they are already in game as a 4 attack ship makes a fighter squadron of them not believable in game terms, before you even consider it doesn't make sense with the actual ship from the show.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colby Bimore
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Not a starship per se but I wouldn't mind seeing The Doomsday Machine from Kirk's era.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are lots of ships I still want to see, but the biggest five, in priority order, are:

1) Kumari
2) Rotarran
3) Xindi - Their own faction and at least one ship for each race
4) USS Valiant (the Defiant-class ship manned by Red Squad)
5) A second Andorian ship (plus maybe a 3rd)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
colby_bimore wrote:
Not a starship per se but I wouldn't mind seeing The Doomsday Machine from Kirk's era.

Looking at the fact that they gave us two big "Christmas present" expansions this past November, I'm wondering if maybe we wouldn't get a Doomsday Machine expansion this year in April... It's just wild speculation at this point, but if sales of the DS9/cube were good enough, if may encourage WK to produce more models/expansions along the same lines.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Illyth wrote:
Kumari (Shran's ship)
Enterprises A-C (Garrett deserves a really good card)
HMS Bounty

I was all "y'know, I think we're getting almost all the ships I want," but then the above happened, and next I remembered the Romulan D7, the Groumall, the Danube-class, Vreenak's shuttle, and the Galileo-type. In general we could use a lot more shuttles and freighters. And science vessels (ALL THE OBERTHS).

(Also the Centaur, which I've always found cooler-looking than the Akira anyways.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penguin Bonaparte
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So we're mostly talking named versions of classes we've already got, I suppose, since there's not much more? If so, a Lakota/Enterprise B would be cool. The C would be kind of awkward to design in-between the Excelsior and the woefully under-powered Galaxy we've got.

That we've got Quark's shuttle coming shows how deep they're digging. I'm just glad to see the Pasteur, another 8472, and a retail Nebula.

The ultimate would be the Titan, since that design competition was accepted by Paramount.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kobold47 wrote:
In general we could use a lot more shuttles and freighters.

They're not in my top 5, but the Danube-class runabouts would be AWESOME. I'm sure they'd be useless in OP's, but I don't care.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yourmonkey06 wrote:
Quote:

More recently than you would think. Everything blows up instantly in DS9 pretty much. Its all dramatic effect. One shot takes out a Vor'cha on several occasions.

But they are portrayed nothing like the Peregrines in game or in the show. They aren't fighters. They are small warships like the Defiant. They're in a similar size range to the Defiant as well (though the size of the Defiant varies a bit later on). "Small" but not really small. We're still talking 100m here. That they are already in game as a 4 attack ship makes a fighter squadron of them not believable in game terms, before you even consider it doesn't make sense with the actual ship from the show.

I really don't see how you could look at that screenshot and still call them 100m.

They are in front of the Vor'chas. They are 25m, maybe 35m at most.

Compared to the Hideki-class fighters, which are usually seen on-screen scaled to 98m, although the FX artists cited guidance that the ship was to be treated as 150m.

Definitely 'fighters', no doubt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PenguinBonaparte wrote:
The C would be kind of awkward to design in-between the Excelsior and the woefully under-powered Galaxy we've got.

True, but I think they've done a decent job of finding ways to carve out differences between ships with the same stats. Look at the Raptor/D7, Constitution/Constellation, and Nova/Miranda (though some of these were arguably more successful than others).

If it was me, I'd give it the Excelsior's stats but lose the tech slot, possibly fiddle with the arc and dial, and give it a ship ability that bridges the 3-attack/4-attack era gulf, maybe something like the Valdore's/Relora-Sankur's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Davis
United States
Craig
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Top pick: Kumari, and Shran should outclass Archer!

After that: Borg Probe (closer to standard maneuver dial, forward and rear arcs.)

D5 and 22nd Century Klingon Bird of Prey

If she's not with the Haakona, I want Sela's warbird.

USS Lakota (combat refit Excelsior)

IKS Bortas (Vor'cha class)

Runabouts (in some form...)

Another Keldon for the Dominion, maybe with Enabran Tain as an Admiral?

USS Bellerophon (Intrepid class; theme with Section 31, so it'd thematically correlate with Obsidian Order Keldon-class, and maybe a Tal Shiar Warbird?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Broady
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
I would love to see a Great Bird.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Baswell
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Top of the list for me at this point is a mini of the All Good Things future Enterprise.

From what people have already mentioned, I'd have to agree with getting an Excelsior Refit in the form of the Enterprise B or the Lakota. Considering the Lakota had that refit that let it go toe to toe with the Defiant, I'd much rather see a ship whose stats reflect that.

I also like all the suggestions for getting more stuff from Enterprise in. I'd really like to see a Columbia class (The NX class refit) from the Ships of the Line Calendar and novel covers too, but I doubt that would happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Humphreys
United States
Salem
Oregon
flag msg tools
Phirric wrote:
I would love to see a Great Bird.

Are we dropping a Star Trek New Frontiers reference here?

I'd be down for a USS Excalibur.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Pollard
United Kingdom
Beeston
Nottingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love some of the ships from the animated series - especially a Kzinti patrol ship!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I really don't see how you could look at that screenshot and still call them 100m

VFX shots are not reliable. With little frame of reference they can be deceptive and sometimes they just get things wrong. Not sure which in this case but the B'rel is consistently listed as 100m as that was its intended size. If you're only judging their size off of that screenshot, well, that's not a good idea.

For a more reasonable comparison, humpback whales are 60-70 feet long. Now Iddon't remember the meters to feet conversion but a meter is a bit longer than the yard. So let's say 15-18 meters. Those whales sat comfortably in the enfineering room of one of these. With space to spare. Add in the bridge and you're already over your stated 25m without including anymore than 2 rooms.

So that's why I can look at that and say that. The screenshot is either wrong or misleading (as far as something with no scale can actually be).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Modglin
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Gumtuu From Tin Man Episode
Crystalline Entity
Danube Runabouts
Future Enterprise

There are cards I would like too see too
Koloth, Kor, Kang
A good Jadzia Dax
Enabrin Tain
Founders
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.