Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Waterman
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anybody played both of these games? I like the design of PennyPress better, but both games look interesting....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bond
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
montebanc wrote:
Has anybody played both of these games? I like the design of PennyPress better, but both games look interesting....

(I'm the designer of Extra! Extra!)

I doubt it, since neither game has been released yet.

You can read the first independent 'review' of Extra! Extra! here:

Extra! Extra! in the news

by someone who was not a play tester or otherwise involved in creating the game.

I am also looking forward to playing Penny Press - it will be great to have two good newspaper games to play at last!

(Also posted on the Penny Press Forum.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Sheldon
United States
Springfield
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played Penny Press a number of times. I have not had the chance to play Extra! Extra!...but I am looking forward to giving it a try when it is available.

Looking at Extra! Extra! I think it will play differently than Penny Press. I really like the theme of both. I am going to speculate that there will be room in my collection for both games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Waterman
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! I'm looking forward to Penny Press and Extra Extra both getting their Dice Tower video reviews!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lorenzo pettinari
Italy
Fermo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems that Penny Press is faster and lighter, instead this looks deeper ad you nave more action and more "movements" on che board. I'm waiting for a review of this, I' m very insterested in both

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
/|\ Roland /|\
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So any conclusions here? I have looked at both, and they both seem so very similar in design. I know there are mechanical differences, but beyond what can be found in the rules, has anyone come to any opinions on this matter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls