Popular Tags: [View All]
Sinister
United States
Unspecified
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
a buddy and I are looking into getting this game. What I'm wondering is:

If I buy the romulan border stuff but the Klingon "attack" boosters am I really missing anything but chits? (maybe I'm not even missing the chits?) is there a scenario book for both sets?

I'm thinking of just buying minis anyway so I don't care to much about the chits but the scenario book might make me buy both sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franco
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If I remember correctly, the Klingon D7 is missing from Romulan Border and Klingon Attack, but the boosters got that covered. Several scenarios are found in the Romulan Border booklet, and several come in Klingon Attack, but none in the boosters. There is no separate scenario pack.

You should sign up for the Commander's Circle over at starfleetgames.com, and there you can download several communiques from the designers -- each has new scenarios and information, and even a beta version of robot rules for solo-play is there now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
There are several ships that only appear in Klingon Border such as the dreadnoughts and heavy battle cruisers. They are not in the boosters. However ADB sells them as spare parts on their web site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Johnson
United States
Castle Rock
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Buy the Romulan Border and then the Klingon Attack game if you want to expand your game to cover the Klingons, Kzintis, and the different Federation units. Or buy both Border boxes to get the mounted mapboards.

Selling the Attack boxes as inexpensive expansions to the Border games was a great idea.

Another great idea was the Academy and Graduation games made to introduce players to FedCom. The Academy is a basic version of Klingon Border for half the price ($25) and if the player likes it, he can get the rest of Klingon Border by buying Graduation.

http://www.starfleetgames.com/federation/academy.shtml

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.