Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dario
Croatia
Samobor
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Black Breath is a treachery which becomes an attachment to one of my heroes that says: "Reduce attached hero's willpower, attack and defense to zero".
Faramir's activated ability says: Each character controlled by that player gets +1 willpower until the end of the phase.

I guess that Black Breath reduces hero's "printed" willpower to 0, and then Faramir's ability raises it to 1. Am I correct? Or should my hero's willpower be 0 regardles of Faramir's ability?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Godinho
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember to read exactly what the cards say and do exactly that.

Faramir's card text reads if I recall,
Action: Exhaust Faramir to choose a player. Each character controlled by that player gets +1 Willpower until the end of the phase.

So exhaust Faramir and each character controlled by the player you have chosen will get +1 willpower. If Faramir was one of the characters of the player you chose than he gets +1 willpower for a total of 1 in this particular case you described he will stay at 0 because of the treachery card on him.

EDIT: The treachery card would always keep Faramir's willpower at 0
Thanks for the clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
black spark
msg tools
It is my current understanding that Faramir will increase the hero's willpower to 1 but then Black Breath, having a constant ability, will immediately reduce the hero's willpower to 0 again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alogos teeheehee
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, even if you have a passive bonus, the reductio to 0 will be predominent.
It will always be 0, no way to change it until you discard black breath.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.