Laurel Springs
NJ
flag msg tools
Last Great Read
badge
Last Great Read
mbmbmbmbmb
The Rules state:
"To begin an Exchange, play an Attack against another player. During the Exchange, opponents alternate, each playing one card (either Block,Response or Fancy Move.) If a card says you can play additional cards, you may do so."

Am I correct in thinking that attack cards can only be played at the beginning of an encounter, except if a fancy move allows it? I tried playing for the first time the other night and using this method our exchanges (2 player) seemed to consist mostly of a single attack or attack/response followed by several rounds of card drafting to find more attack cards. Playing in this manner seemed to really hamper the players from playing a series of cards in one exchange. Also, when can press attacks be played? The play of an Attack Enhancement card along with an Attack card would seem to contradict the rules also.

Thanks in Advance,
Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Bottone
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
An attack consists of an Attack card + any Attack Enhancement cards you want to play with the attack. You must play Enhancements as you play the Attack to the table, and so long as no two Enhancements are the same.

Attack Cards (along with Enhancements) can be played as the opening move of the exchange and when other cards allow it (the Fancy Move: Taste My Blade! or the Response Card: Parry Riposte, to be spcific).

Press Attacks may be played to remove a Response card from the field. It appears that the rules have a typo (it should be Press Attack, Response, or Fancy Move, not Block, Response, or Fancy Move).

I hope this helps.

Geoff
SlugFest Games, Inc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ward
United States
Laurel Springs
NJ
flag msg tools
Last Great Read
badge
Last Great Read
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for clarifying, Geoff. I'll give it another shot. As I said, it was my first play so hopefully things will "click" after a few more games.

Thanks,
Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.