Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrei Koenig
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know there is a thread back in June 2014 that somehow discussed this, but Warrior's power was different, and there is no definite answer there. So the following things are in play.

HERO - WARRIOR - (Spend 1 AP to move 2 spaces)
REGION - DESERT - (It takes 2 AP to leave desert)
REGION - COAST - (Spend 1 AP to move another hero to an adjacent tile).

Questions:

1. Does Warrior's ability help the Warrior to leave the desert? Half way through the game, we switched and played that it does not. You MUST spend 2 AP to leave the desert. Warrior's ability only spends 1AP. If desert was worded something like "You must take 2 Move Actions to leave the desert" - now that would be different.

2. Does Warrior's ability help him travel two regions if the first region he moves to is the dessert? Lets say Warrior is in the Plains. He spends 1AP and uses his ability to travel. Can he go from Plains --> Desert --> Ruins? I see arguments for yes and no.

3. Can you spend 1AP while located in the Coast to move another Hero out of the desert? I would guess yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Gresik
United States
Bolingbrook
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In answer to questions 1 & 2 the answer is yes - more specifically, the warrior's movement allowance supercedes the desert. That is, he can move two regions - just as it states. Not two regions with the exception of the desert. I believe this stems from the precedent that was set that hero cards supercede area cards.

In answer to #3, while thematically odd (you are in essence sending a ship to get someone out of the desert) - since no exception is listed, we have always played that this also is legal.

Michael or Scott will weigh in shortly and tell you what is actually correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nikoms wrote:
while thematically odd (you are in essence sending a ship to get someone out of the desert)

There are lots of examples of deserts with coasts (where you could board a ship). The first that came to mind:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantic_coastal_desert
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Nikoms wrote:
In answer to questions 1 & 2 the answer is yes - more specifically, the warrior's movement allowance supercedes the desert. That is, he can move two regions - just as it states. Not two regions with the exception of the desert. I believe this stems from the precedent that was set that hero cards supercede area cards.

In answer to #3, while thematically odd (you are in essence sending a ship to get someone out of the desert) - since no exception is listed, we have always played that this also is legal.

Michael or Scott will weigh in shortly and tell you what is actually correct.

This is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Koenig
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!
I feel about our loss then, we could have won, the desert was seriously slowing us down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.