Popular Tags: news [+] [View All]
Jorgen
United States
Ferndale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.wfmy2.com/news/mostpopular/article.aspx?storyid=5...
Quote:
Shoe Salesman Knocks On Wrong Door, Sets Off Crazy Chain Of Events

If it was just a shooting, or a car wreck, or a guy hit by a car, or a window-smashing shoe salesman, or an escape from a closet, then it would just be an average story.

Greensboro, NC -- A confusing shooting case in Greensboro Friday night landed a man in the hospital.

The people involved told police a guy selling shoes knocked on the door of a vacant house on Hackett Street around 8:00pm.

The salesman says four men pulled him inside the house and locked him in a closet.

Then, the four went outside and tried to steal the shoe salesman's car. The salesman kicked his way out of the closet and used a lamp to smash his own car window as the four tried driving away and that's when they backed into a tree.

Seconds later, one of the men in the car shot at the salesman, but hit one of his buddies instead.

That gunshot victim ran onto Highway 29, got hit by a car and flagged down another car for a ride to the hospital.

But the first driver to stop refused to help him.
The second driver took him to a grocery store where he called for help.

Police are still trying to figure out who will get charged.

You just can't make up stuff like this. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nasty McHaggis
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
I'm pouring all of my points in sarcasm.
badge
Box next to hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
A guy selling shoes door to door at 8:00 in the evening? Hmmmm...something tells me this guy wasn't exactly a "salesman".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jr
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. That's completely surreal. And awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Longbow wrote:
A guy selling shoes door to door at 8:00 in the evening? Hmmmm...something tells me this guy wasn't exactly a "salesman".

You wouldn't believe the number of times that I've been waiting at home at around 7:30p.m. hoping that a shoe salesman would stop by so I could get a snazzy pair of sneakers for going out that evening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.