Martin Juhl
Denmark
Ørbæk
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
Whereas level 1 and level 3 are completely the same for Batman and Joker (Batman with equipments/heroes, Joker with superpowers/villians) level 2 seems very much to favor Batman. Where he can choose among all five cards in the line-up to play the Joker are completely in the hands of Lady luck (reveal top card from main deck)
This seems to severly favor Batman and lead to imbalance between the two characters.

Is there a special reason behind this design?

I cant find any other aspects in the game that favors the Joker, so is there really the need for above mentioned differences between the characters powers to maintain perfect gamebalance??

The untrained eye cant find it, and it just seems you are off to a headstart as Batman. But I might of course be overlooking something.

Please clarify.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this is in part to compensate the fact that Kicks are Superpower which are easier to access.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Royce Calverley
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It does give Batman a slight advantage, but not one that will turn the game in a significant way; stage two doesn't tend to stick around or happen very often.

More importantly that small change gives the theme a serious push. The planned tactical approach of Batman vs. the chaotic let the fates decide approach of the Joker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Cavalier
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Joker's level three buffs kicks. That is an amazing buff. I'd say that balances well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam O'Caoimh
Ireland
Model Farm Road
Cork
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is interesting because there is another thread saying that the imbalance is in favour of The Joker!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.