Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
Three civilization builders ventured into a game of Vinci. The mighty monarchs were Geoff, Steven and myself.

Each civilization starts with two attributes (mining, ship building, weaponry, etc.) and the object is to expand your civilization as much as possible. This expansion is somewhat dictated by the attributes it possesses. Once a civilization has reached its 'maximum potential' (as determined by the player), it can be placed into decline, allowing the player to begin a new civilization with different attributes. Your declining civilization still earns victory points as long as remnants of it survive on the board. The drawback is that your new civilization cannot move into any space adjacent to remnants of your previous civilization.

Victory points are earned for each area controlled, with the exception of mountain areas. Certain areas give extra points for mining, ports, etc.

Steven moved first and carved up the center of the board for himself. I possessed ship building and was able to grab many areas along the coast. Geoff possessed mining and concentrated on the mountainous areas for the bonuses they yielded.

Steven remained ahead for most of the early game, but I kept close, with Geoff about 20 points back by the end of turn four. Steven and I both crossed 100 points by turn 6, while Geoff only had 76. Everyone had been in decline at least once.

Geoff then made a huge comeback, thanks the his possession of a Field General. He averaged 20 points over the next three turns. Meanwhile, my original civilization was continuing to yield 6 points a turn, and this proved to be the difference.

Finals: Jerry 158, Geoff 136, Steven 128

Ratings: All 8's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.