Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marty Wißmath
Canada
Port Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This one is pretty simple. I always found it odd that the Black Gate card, which makes the end game significantly more difficult, is not worth anything (except the thrill of added challenge...arrrh ). So, once the Black Gate is activated, the Fellowship gets 10 points at the end of the game, regardless of whether they actually follow through to a Military Victory or not.
10 points seems fair, considering that up to 8 points for the already defeated 8 black-symbol foes must be sacrificed!

It works just like this: place the Black Gate card face-down under the Foe-deck at the start of the game; when the last Foe is drawn, simply flip it over beside the newly reinforced black-symbol stack of Foes.
Now the points are counted exactly like those on the Watchful Peace card (but awarded for opposite reasons i.e. BG when used and WP when not): if the Black Gate card is showing face-up at the end of the game, the Fellowship gets 10 points.

EDIT: I've uploaded a variant of the Black Gate card pdf file. It has the red '10' points shield in the bottom right corner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Wißmath
Canada
Port Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Feel free to download a PDF editor (such as www.foxitsoftware.com) and improve it (then upload it for us)! I've uploaded another version to try and smooth out the border, but the colours still aren't perfect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.