Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Dockter
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just starting my play of this game tomorrow. From what I gather, enemy forces in adjacent defending hexes (to the "target" hex) may assist. My question: is this similar to The Korean War combat where:

1) forces of more than one defending hex can be involved in combat?

2) the results are applied against all defending forces (if a retreat is called for, ALL defending forces retreat)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan kilgore
United States
Unspecified
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry I got this late Herr Dr.

I don't know the exact mechanics of the Korean War game but I'll try.

When you attack in a multi-hex situation and say all your units are attacking in a line, a chain effect is set in motion where in most circumstances every adjacent enemy unit that is adjacent to your attackers must be included in some kind of attack.

In the files section you will see some examples of play I created after publication.

Hope this helped in time for your game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dockter
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Nathan - I think we played it correctly (all defenders adjacent to an attacking hex(es) must be attacked. Each attack only involves ONE defending hex, but may involve multiple attacking hexes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan kilgore
United States
Unspecified
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
David, one attacker may also target multiple hexes.

It works like this: you decide to attack what you think is a weakened target hex and concentrate against it. Only problem is that it is adjacent to other units. You must bring up, or designate from within one of the attacking stacks, units that will attack these other stacks.

This is all well and good except that other defenders are also next to both the earmarked attackers and the ones fulfilling the requirement from the first attack.

So a chain reaction goes off until no more defenders are adjacent to attacker hexes or are exempt by terrain, and or entrenchments/westwall hexes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.